• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20130821-00027437-roupeiro-000-5-view.jp

JAMES%5FMOODY_JAMES%2BMOODY%2BAND%2BTHE%

On 19/05/2020 at 9:26 PM, mjazzg said:

R-11578374-1518831127-2408.jpeg.jpg

Kai Winding and J.J.Johnson - K. & J.J.:Israel [CTI/A&M]

very pleased I took a punt on this cheapie recently. Really does have something about it - the playing, the arranging, good tunes

There is another K and JJ CTI scheduled for reissue on Record Store Day - the rare Japanese-only release. Whether or not that will happen though is anyone’s guess !

On 22.5.2020 at 4:09 PM, kh1958 said:

Sonny Stitt, Constellation (Cobblestone)

Ricky Ford, Future's Gold (Muse)

Image result for Sonny Stitt ConstellationHouston Person, The Big Horn(Muse)Image result for Ricky ford future's goldImage result for Houston Person the big sound

I liked very much what played Ricky Ford with Mingus. That last band Walrath Ford Neloms was really something. And Ricky Ford had that heavy sound of Ellington associated tenorsaxophonists......

2 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I liked very much what played Ricky Ford with Mingus. That last band Walrath Ford Neloms was really something. And Ricky Ford had that heavy sound of Ellington associated tenorsaxophonists......

While I was incredibly fortunate to see Mingus in November of 1974, he also performed at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival in April of 1976 and 1977. I sure regret the fact that my 17-18 year old self did not get himself there somehow. 

Edited by kh1958

13 minutes ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

EVERY FUSION ALBUM I OWN

theres a 79 harvey mason on top of my turntable rt now so besides that, this is my 12" lp fusion collection- how many of these classics do you have?

F111

F22222

F33333

F444

Yeah I have some of them, at least all of the Miles Davis Albums . Miles in Concert from 1972 I like most, but also very much the underrated "Jack Johnson". "Star People" is still some good Music and a band playing, not machines……, at least that´s how it sounds.

Weather Report "Sweet Nighter" is good stuff indeed. 

17 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

And Prime Time

oh yeah, I love Prime Time. I will never forget the exitement I had when I purchased "Dancing in Your Head", that red LP with that strange egg on it. I love everything Ornette Coleman did, and some people where not open for his electric bands, but that was the time, we loved electric Miles, we were open for Ornette Coleman´s Prime Time......

On 25.5.2020 at 1:10 PM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

theres a 79 harvey mason on top of my turntable rt now so besides that, this is my 12" lp fusion collection- how many of these classics do you have?

Cant read the one left from Freddie Hubbard (first pic) ;-}}

On 26.5.2020 at 4:36 AM, kh1958 said:

Clarke-Boland Big Band, Handle with Care (Atlantic)Image result for clarke boland big band Handle with careImage result for gerald wilson california soulImage result for Johnny Smith Moods

Gerald Wilson, California Soul (Pacific Jazz)

Johnny Smith, Moods (Roost)

The Modern Jazz Quartet (Atlantic)Image result for Modern Jazz Quartet Atlantic recordsImage result for Groove Holmes Muse recordsImage result for Cedar Walton Firm Roots Muse records

Groove Holmes, Shippin' Out (Muse)

Cedar Walton, Firm Roots (Muse)

Except the "Groove Holmes" they are all here! Nothing new in the West.

;-]]

On 25.5.2020 at 10:34 PM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

this the result after a major fusion overhaul - i god rid of about double what you see here.  I widdled it down to these!  The rest of my fusion is of course on cd

We could also debate whether all this is "Fusion" and how far this is seen as a style??

Edited by jazzcorner
text