Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

never encountered that particular SABA release; will have to keep an eye out for it.

Another advantage of age. My grandparents bought original Jelly Roll Morton Victors.

And I got it around the same time as the George Russells, but I sold them when I got the cd.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

the difference is extremely noticeable wes's guitar is centered and focused, and so is the rest.  its a balanced direct sound.  the stereo is more open and airy and the music "floats"- i have two ears but only one brain, but mono greatly improves this albums sound, specifcally on Wes's guitar, I can actually hear it now.    s-l1600.jpg 

Just now, clifford_thornton said:

almost grabbed that (Japanese version) earlier this year from a local shop, and am kicking myself that I didn't. Maybe it'll still be there when they reopen this fall.

I have the "complete" cd version too, but I find it's too much: false starts, chat, etc,. Plus the essays on the booklet aren't really much enlightening, so I got this one and I am going to sell the cd box set.

BTW the japanese vinyl is top notch in my copy, dead quiet like a cd.

2 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, I don't even have enough room for any more boxed sets, but this seems essential. The other Japanese Verve set I have, the Bird one, is dead silent indeed.

Yep, I couldn't live without this one, likewise I couldn't live without flowers, summer breeze, singing birds...

38771314ab.jpg

Hazel Scott: Relaxed Piano Moods: Original Jazz Classics OJCCD-1702-2 [1992]

Note: The Nordeutscher Rundfunk in Hamburg has honored Hazel Scott in a one-hour broadcast tonight!                                                                                    Audio: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Jazz-Special-Hazel-Scott,audio695012.html                                                                                Playlist: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Titelliste-Jazz-Special-,playlist72878.html

Edited by optatio

On 6/7/2020 at 1:21 AM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

digitally recorded but not on early cd?  what kind of cruel joke is that! :( 

R-1432995-1219287322.jpeg.jpg

chewy, that music was reissued on CD.  Re-packaged.  But still the same music.

See below:

81tIp-QRdbL._SS360_.jpg

Keystone Bop: Sunday Night

and

81MwnMtDJyL._SS360_.jpg

Keystone Bop, Vol. 2: Friday/Saturday

Milt Jackson, At the Museum of Modern Art (Limelight)

Earl Hines, In New Orleans (Chiaroscuro)

Herb Geller, Fire in the West (Jubilee) (with Kenny Dorham, Harold Land and Ray Brown)

Howard Rumsey Orchestra, Jazz Rolls Royce (Lighthouse)

Red  Callendar, Lowest (MetroJazz)

The Australian Jazz Quartet (Bethlehem ten inch)

Image result for Milt Jackson live at the museum of modern artImage result for earl hines in new orleansImage result for Herb Geller Fire in the westImage result for Red CAllendar the lowestImage result for Austrailian jazz quartet ten inchImage result for howard Rumsey orchestra jazz rolls royce

Edited by kh1958