• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charlie Daniels - Fire On The Mountain (Epic). What a fun LP. I forgot how much fun this was until a friend posted on FB that he was spinning it in memory of Charlie. "Trudy" is a kick-ass tune. :)

Fire on the Mountain (album) - Wikipedia

Since we're on the "tribute trail" for musicians who have recently passed, next up is The Moody Blues - This is the Moody Blues (Threshold). RIP Ray Thomas, the player on one of the most famous rock flute solos.

https://img.discogs.com/YhWLMUnNcjwdbytkssdObs7Qr1M=/fit-in/524x533/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-564746-1375470861-4764.jpeg.jpg

R-1114174-1327361080.jpeg.jpg

Mono NY version today. Prefer it to the stereo, although both are good. What a debut Blue Note this one was !

18 hours ago, mjazzg said:

R-8716535-1467226248-8022.jpeg.jpg

Brother Ahh - Sound Awareness [Manufactured Recordings reissue]

R-8716538-1467226464-4321.jpeg.jpg

Brother Ahh - Move Ever Onward [Manufactured Recordings, reissue]

ideal balm for a day where everything feels sh*t.  Thank you Mr Northern

He’s on that ‘Jazz Loft’ documentary on French horn, rehearsing for the Monk Town Hall concert with Hall Overton. Well worth checking out !

R-1199967-1478760310-2774.jpeg.jpg

Mono, NY. Incendiary !

45 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Mono NY version today. Prefer it to the stereo, although both are good. What a debut Blue Note this one was !

Is the "warbling piano" effect still there on the mono LP? I have a mid-70's RVG stereo cut and it's there but much less noticeable than the new Tone Poet LP, which really bugged me when I heard it.

10 minutes ago, bresna said:

Is the "warbling piano" effect still there on the mono LP? I have a mid-70's RVG stereo cut and it's there but much less noticeable than the new Tone Poet LP, which really bugged me when I heard it.

No - no warbling that I noticed on the mono or stereo, although I wasn’t looking for it. Didn’t notice any on the Mosaic version either. Haven’t heard the Tone Poet so can’t compare.

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Hill Mosaic prevented me to buy mono originals, Dialogue a part, when they were still sailing at human sight, monetary speaking.

Bennie Green - Back on the Scene (1984 RE Jap)

Donald Byrd - Chant (Tone Poet)

Jazz epistle - verse 1 (1990 RE)

Abdullah Ibrahim - Dream Time

Johnny Griffin - The Congregation (1984 RE Fr) Those 80's French repressings with slightly oversized covers really require twofer outer sleeves.

Edited by aparxa