Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, bresna said:

Ron Carter - Foursight - Stockholm Live (In & Out Records). Beautiful-sounding records.

R-15593813-1600110405-7488.jpeg.jpg

R-15593813-1599014576-9398.jpeg.jpg

Yes, picked up a copy of that one too. Sounds superb - apart from some clicks on the run in on one side. Sadly, sold out now so can’t replace. Even so, wouldn’t want to be without it.

In addition to fine work by Ron as usual, I really like Renee Rosnes’ playing on this performance. The live atmosphere is also captured well.

In&Out tell me that they have an upcoming Ramon Valle Trio vinyl release with the same  treatment and signatures, which will be tempting.

Edited by sidewinder

UHM.jpg?1584393151

The ‘Redux’ 60th Anniversary 2LP edition. Looks like a Mark Wilder mastering, nice, big and crisp sound.  Side 4 has alternates which I don’t think are on the ‘Mosaic Complete Columbia’. 

Don_Cherry_-_Cherry_Jam.jpg?1583425876

Next up - 60s Scandinavian jam featuring Don Cherry on Gearbox. 45rpm.

Edited by sidewinder

But I am now listening to Joe Henderson at Village Vanguard Vol. 1 (Tone Poet, 2020). I enjoy it a lot. Superb.

6 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Bill_Evans_-_Some_Other_Time.jpg?1583481

Missed this one the first time round. A few annoying crackles, which seems to be a common complaint with this pressing/title. 

:tup

I never ever had any chance with these Bill Evans Resonance records issued in RSDs... Too bad for the pressing.

I see in the alternative universe of the Hoffmann Forum that people are currently reporting paying 60 Euro to $100 Cdn in their stores for the Evans. About 1.5 times what the stores are charging here. Outrageous !

13 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

... Too bad for the pressing.

It’s just the occasional random ‘pop’, nothing major. The Mingus was pristine though.

Edited by sidewinder

R-3929330-1349575402-7266.jpeg.jpg

Listen to the Blues with Jimmy Rushing (Jazztone, 1956)
The cover says "with Pete Johnson and Band" -- and it's an amazing band.  Aside from Johnson, the rhythm section consists of Freddie Green, Walter Page, and Jo Jones.  On the front line you've got Emmett Berry, Rudy Powell, Buddy Tate, and Lawrence Brown.  And Rushing soars over them all.

This music feels as vital and fresh as the day it was made.  :wub: