Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

cracking good album. I have the FMP reissue, which sounds great, but the private original pressing is pretty sick!

Mine's a little bit of a crackling good album unfortunately.  Doesn't detract too much from the impact of the music though.  Signed by Favre and Schweizer too, although I've no proof they're legit.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:36 PM, mjazzg said:

Mine's a little bit of a crackling good album unfortunately.  Doesn't detract too much from the impact of the music though.  Signed by Favre and Schweizer too, although I've no proof they're legit.

A pity, because it's a really good recording and pressing. But it's nice to have an original with its gorgeous silk screened sleeve.

And honestly, I wouldn't worry about the legitimacy of the signatures. Why would anyone forge Favre's and Schweizer's signatures on the cover?. Those two are not exactly hot among autograph hunters.^_^

1 hour ago, corto maltese said:

A pity, because it's a really good recording and pressing. But it's nice to have an original with its gorgeous silk screened sleeve.

And honestly, I wouldn't worry about the legitimacy of the signatures. Why would anyone forge Favre's and Schweizer's signatures on the cover?. Those two are not exactly hot among autograph hunters.^_^

I'm not losing any sleep over them ....:D

a4054753623_10.jpg

Spaza - Uprize! (Music from the Original Motion Picture) [Mushroom Hour Half Hour]

album of the year territory

13 hours ago, jlhoots said:

No CD!!!

Available to stream and download. I would recommend you hear it if you can (and I appreciate you don't 'do' vinyl anymore)

R-464245-1504134282-7854.jpeg.jpg

The Graham Collier Septet - Deep Dark Blue Centre [Deram, mono]

This lights up the room every time I play it, revealing new delights.  Possibly the best British Jazz album for me.  This listening prompted by starting the Harry B biography.

Edited by mjazzg

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

This lights up the room every time I play it, revealing new delights.  Possibly the best British Jazz album for me.  This listening prompted by starting the Harry B biography.

Wow. High praise.

I have several Collier albums, but not that one.  Need to check it out!  :tup 

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Available to stream and download. I would recommend you hear it if you can (and I appreciate you don't 'do' vinyl anymore)

Ah yes, a real stunner! (mine is stereo)

Had a great time many years ago interviewing Graham -- wonderful man, he is missed.

9 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Ah yes, a real stunner! (mine is stereo)

Had a great time many years ago interviewing Graham -- wonderful man, he is missed.

When the BGO CD was being prepared, Graham wasn’t even aware that a stereo version existed. That CD was the first issue of the stereo version - taken from LP. I guess the tapes must be lost.

The biography on Northway is highly recommended. A complex character - who indeed is missed !

Edited by sidewinder

15 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Thank you, I'll keep my eye out for a copy.  Just listened to the entire album on youtube, and wouldn't mind buying a cd, if one becomes available. The original Deram LPs go for $300 or thereabout. 

I enjoy good modal jazz, and this is a good one.