• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished - Tangerine Dream "Force Majeure", an LP I bought mainly because the title made me think of Eddie Izzard. :) It's typical TD music. Aural wallpaper.

Now playing... don't know what me pull it out... Neko Case "Middle Cyclone" on clear vinyl. Mastered loud as hell. Why do they do this on vinyl is beyond me.

Middle Cyclone (Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition) album cover

On 12/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Dmitry said:

Miles Davis and the Modern Jazz Giants, 1969 Prestige reissue, PRST 7560, cover labeled ELECTRONICALLY REMASTERED FOR STEREO. 

I bought this LP in a yard sale last year, for a buck, didn't notice the off-putting ELECTRONICALLY designation, and was really surprised to hear it, because this record is proper MONO, not a fake STEREO, and in fact the sound on this LP is remarkably good. I don't know how they managed to squeeze over 30 minutes of music on one side, and almost 30 on the other, but the result is top topnotch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is probably the only way to get the whole December 24th, 1954 session on one disc. Grab one, if you see it. You won't be disappointed.

R-9140660-1475481578-3235.jpeg.jpg

I didn't realize this existed. I've often wondered why there was never a single cd release of the entire session. 

Jimmy Smith - Christmas 64 (Verve). I have the stereo reissue. Not my favorite Christmas LP nor favorite Jimmy Smith date by any means. I'm glad I found this inexpensive LP because I wouldn't buy this on CD. Van Gelder's "large group reverb" pretty much ruins the sound on this. I have the sticker on mine too:

R-6775649-1426376386-8878.jpeg.jpg

Hey - I even have the same punch hole in the same spot! :)

R-16274838-1606771322-9142.jpeg.jpg

LP1 - sounding great, thankfully. One of the releases of the year for sure. The Bennink/Jacobs team is excellent.

LP2, Arnhem - Sonically obviously compromised but Sonny in incendiary form, Bennink wonderful. Very listenable, in a ‘Dean Benedetti’ sort of way. Love it !

Edited by sidewinder

10 minutes ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

Image result for jazz odyssey chicago volume 2 columbia  :o:o:o ohhh ok ive seen vol 1 what is better vol 1 or vol 2

Honestly, I loved them both and couldn't pick. Volume 2 has a lot of New Orleans music in it, just recorded in Chicago. There's also a volume 3, Sounds of Harlem, which I don't have.