Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, JSngry said:

How you liking that Goodman? That was one of the first 5-10 jazz record I had. Side 1 is still a kick for me, still a kick.

I very much liked it. Aside from the classic small group material from the 1930s, to me this sounds like the best band Benny Goodman ever had. Great soloists  and excellent sound.

Edited by kh1958

12 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

Ammons "night lights" featuring wynton kelly from 1970, released 1985, is a level 10 lp.  I wonder how that tape doin, hasn't been pulled a lot, no? is this session on cd?

As far as I know, only side one - which was included in 'A stranger in town'. I had to rip side two to get the whole thing onto my hard drive. Blooming LOVELY album!

MG

On 12/26/2020 at 0:52 AM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

s-l1600.jpg

ON-THE-WAY............ its a blue note christmas mircale-- thank you Robert Croker!  

Capture

thats my guys place on the left- 

Nice!

Chewy, his full name is Robert Alfonso Crocker, and he is 91. Time for a phone call! 

We see owners names quite a bit on old records, and rarely to almost never on albums from the 1970s onwards. One thing I can think of is when they were living in college dormitories, getting back their loaned albums would be easier. Or they belonged to record clubs...