• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those Decca British jazz vinyl reissues should help - assuming they actually happen. I think ‘Pendulum’ was the one mentioned in that possible first batch though.

The CDs for both of them didn’t hang around long either.

’Jazz In Britain’ has a NEW Mike Taylor coming up, apparently. The recording comes from the Jon Hiseman archive and I think it will be on CD and vinyl. Meanwhile, their new Rendell/Carr is just about to sell out 3 months before it is actually released !

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

I hate being taken in by bootlegs ... I'll avoid and stick to the CD...

Definitely a good move. It would seem that they took the music from the CD and made a terrible job of it. Fingers crossed for a legit reissue from Decca/Gearbox.

50 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

My problem is I don't have the CD and that's up to £60.  I shall enjoy a legit reissue whenever it arrives, patience is a virtue isn't it?

Just checked and ‘Trio’ is on Spotify.

Edited by sidewinder

NP:

R-2347568-1430945626-1714.jpeg.jpg

Chico Freeman - Peaceful Heart, Gentle Spirit (Contemporary, 1980)
with James Newton, Jay Hoggard, Kenny Kirkland, Buster Williams, and Billy Hart

Every bit as good as you'd expect, given the line-up.  :) 

I'm pleased because I'm able to listen to vinyl again.  My stereo system has been unavailable because we installed some new carpet in the basement a couple months ago.  Everything had to be dis-assembled and moved elsewhere.  Between work, family commitments, a presidential election, a senate run-off election, and a Capitol Hill riot (plus all the attendant news watching), I haven't had the energy or inclination to put it all back together.  But I finally did today

Here's what it looks like now:

Listening-Room.jpg

Equipment-wise, it's nothing spectacular.  Mostly old but reliable stuff.  Even so, I've got to say that music sounds SO MUCH better on this system compared to a smartphone & earbuds or my little Bose Bluetooth device.  :D 

16 minutes ago, bresna said:

Lou Donaldson - Alligator Boogaloo (Blue Note). This is the 80th anniversary pressing. Nicely done by Kevin Gray and pressed at Pallas in Germany.

Lou Donaldson - Alligator Boogaloo - LP – Rough Trade

:tup  :tup  :tup 

Love that whole album -- but my single favorite cut is "One Cylinder" !!!

A7-E34134-AC69-44-B3-9-CC9-CBC51-F5-CEB2

10 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I'm pleased because I'm able to listen to vinyl again.  My stereo system has been unavailable because we installed some new carpet in the basement a couple months ago.  Everything had to be dis-assembled and moved elsewhere.  Between work, family commitments, a presidential election, a senate run-off election, and a Capitol Hill riot (plus all the attendant news watching), I haven't had the energy or inclination to put it all back together.  But I finally did today

Here's what it looks like now:

Listening-Room.jpg

Equipment-wise, it's nothing spectacular.  Mostly old but reliable stuff.  Even so, I've got to say that music sounds SO MUCH better on this system compared to a smartphone & earbuds or my little Bose Bluetooth device.  :D 

:tup  :tup  :tup 

Love that whole album -- but my single favorite cut is "One Cylinder" !!!

Looks very, very nice :)