What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

9 minutes ago, bresna said:

Steve Grossman/Cedar Walton/David Williams/Billy Higgins - Love Is The Thing (Red Records). I forgot I had this one. I was rifling through the LP rack to find something to play and said, "I have a Steve Grossman LP?" :) Grossman doing his best impersonation of Coltrane at times.

Why did Red Records go with such flimsy card stock for their LP sleeves?

R-4822075-1543463526-2012.jpeg.jpg

Bassist David Williams is the only one left from this date now. It just doesn't seem that long ago that I was seeing this rhythm section backing Jackie Mac.That either means I'm getting old or senile. :)

:tup

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Do I have your copy? It appears to have been well-kept and came from Chicago.

Probably not unless I wrote my name in small letters on the back. Got in the habit after losing about a hundred lps from my dorm room.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

i am already hunting...finding DG CDs is going to be tough, they're on Discogs from Euro-sellers, which normally is certainly ok, but international pandemic shipping is....uh....forgive me for not jumping right in on that.

My copy of the above was a $4 special, replete with fatal skipping/sticking issues, so, ok, just spent $20 for a NM samething Decca. only gave half a blink or less on that.

There's a nice collection of Fricsay Bartok RIAS CDs, but there's a lot of broadcasts instead of DGs. I'll make my way to both, but right now, I want to re-experience this almost hallucinatory Side 1 "as is" minus the fatal errors of my copy.

y'all like my new Edison Disc player???  Its a 1928 top of the line deluxe model, known as the "Shubert".  I am making up for 20 years of passed up edison diamond discs by lunch time sunday.  scored 40 today and if the ferry doesn't sink 59 more this weekend.  I got it in here exactly 23 hours ago and ive been up ever since the information load is through the roof for this thing.   Did you know edison recorded music by having the band play into a tunnel and it went down a 125 foot tube and they cut the disk at the end of the tube? and you thought RVG was nuts!  its so amazing you guys here are my first demo videos

a0514424030_16.jpg

Natural Information Society with Evan Parker - descension (Out Of Our Restrictions) [Eremite, 2021]

I was there the night this was recorded at Oto, this excellent recording takes me straight back there.  Great music making by all involved.

and beforehand

R-9522572-1610131090-3629.jpeg.jpg

Andrew Hill - Hommage [East West, 1975]

big thanks to HutchFan (again!) for recent prompt to fill this hole in my Hill collection.

Edited by mjazzg

R-8646906-1465849131-3070.jpeg.jpg

The Kenny Burrell Quartet ‎– The Tender Gender

Grant Green is almost everything but not everything plus: thrift stores have reopened... found this one earlier today, a quartet with Richard Wynands on piano, and had it on repeat ever since