What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

22 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Did it come with toddler adaptations so they can play with it when Dad's not about?

Unfortunately that is basic functionality.

The youngest (11 months) is going through a charming stage where she pulls out my vinyl from the racks, admires it, sits on it and sometimes eats it. She has a particular taste for original India Navigation and Black Saint / Soul Note releases.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

The youngest (11 months) is going through a charming stage where she pulls out my vinyl from the racks, admires it, sits on it and sometimes eats it. She has a particular taste for original India Navigation and Black Saint / Soul Note releases.

24 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

That picture made me laugh more than it should have done.  I've always thought India Navigation was a tasty label but not quite in those terms.  She has good taste!

5 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

When my oldest daughter was 6 or 7, I had switched over to laser discs for her Disney movie watching because the VHS tapes wore out too fast. One day, she had a friend over and they decided to play hopscotch. They decided that those pretty Disney laser disc movie covers were the perfect size. Luckily, they only broke two. :)

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-917063-1589482710-7517.jpeg.jpg

Bob Moses - Bittersuite In The Ozone [Mozown, 1975]

Is this widely known?  it should be

Kind of obscure, but I've had it a few times. The album even got reissued on CD back in the late 90s (on Billy Martin's Amulet label), which is where I first heard it at our college radio station.

5 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Switched to to the same music on this

Punchier sound, better bass presence, denser

Interesting. So you would go for the earlier twofer out of the two? 

I own neither on LP, but this record has followed me since I was much younger, and I always wanted to (as you may be able to tell from the Avi).

I'm currently listening to a first print Nonaah by Mr. Mitchell. No need for improvement there.

Edited by Rabshakeh

22 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Interesting. So you would go for the earlier twofer out of the two? 

I own neither on LP, but this record has followed me since I was much younger, and I always wanted to (as you may be able to tell from the Avi).

I'm currently listening to a first print Nonaah by Mr. Mitchell. No need for improvement there.

Yes, the twofer sounds better to my ears (it's cheaper too).  Some Discogs comments mention copies being pressed side 1 & 4 and 2 & 3, mixing up the sessions but mine's standard