What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

9 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Oh my...not aware of this one at all...but "Pablo Digital" kinda scares me...they had already gotten into a close-miked thing that might not translate well via earliest digital recording...but Bags & Jaws, maybe just go fix the tone controls on the hi-fi and deal with it?

I've only listened once.  (I just bought the LP earlier today.)  The sound seemed fine.  I don't think you'd be bothered by it.

The music is what you'd expect it to be.  And it's fun to hear Jaws with Cleanhead. :tup 

NP:

R-6353741-1580764799-6516.jpeg.jpg

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

91VKZgMLvhL._SS600_.jpg

I was just reading about the collaborations between Celia Cruz and Tito Puente. I had no idea that they'd made so many records together:

- Cuba y Puerto Rico Son... (Tico, 1966) 
- Quimbo Quimbumbia (Tico, 1969)
- Alma con Alma (Tico, 1970)
- En España (Tico, 1971)
- Algo Especial Para Recordar (Tico, 1972)
- Homenaje A Beny More, Vol. III (Vaya, 1985)

More avenues to explore. :) 

Edited by HutchFan

Ls96Ghfg.jpeg?1617806762

Never thought I’d ever post an album by a Country singer on a forum like this (I’m with Buddy Rich on this) but this is Bobbie Gentry and the album is very good indeed. 

Cover photo by Val Wilmer. Taken at the time of Gentry’s late 1960s BBC ‘specials’.

Edited by sidewinder

13 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

A rare one I'd guess - oops, I just saw the Fresh Sound name disclosing the fakery.

Re: Charlie Mariano

When Fresh Sound Records started their business it was in the beginning with rare US and small labels. At that btime I bought a lot of these relpica editions.

After they turned to issue CD's some of these early vinyls appeared again on CDs but not all. I think this in one of those not on CD's.

R-4182346-1437941296-7796.jpeg.jpg

Sunday afternoon is a great time for playing 45s... This here was one of my luckier recent finds, an Austrian quintet on a Swiss label, featuring a young Joe Zawinul on piano and the sax team of Hans Salomon and Karl Drewo playing cool jazz in 1954... to be followed by this Dutch guitar / bass / drums trio from the early sixties

hans-van-leeuwen.jpg