• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now spinning:

R-642073-1460294399-3238.jpeg.jpg

Flora Purim & Airto - Humble People (Concord/George Wein Collection, 1985)

Earlier:

R-4322512-1380744024-9296.jpeg.jpg

Milton Nascimento - A Barca Dos Amantes (Verve, 1986)

Wayne is on three of the album's nine cuts.   I wish he was on all them. 

13 hours ago, BillF said:

Takes me back! Used to own it when it was a new album.

Cool!  :tup 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2021 at 2:50 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

Firstly, the YouTube stuff was posted by Milton Suggs Jr, not the bass player on the record. Luba was a friendly spirit who popped up once in a while. Never knew his history.

My record cot here today, and a lady named "Barbara" signed here name twice on the front cover, once in sharpie (and verylarge!), and then again in reglar inkpen in smaller, normal size writing. This was Barbara's record, y'all, BARBARA's record!

Also learned on the back cover that Tommy Jones was credited as producer, and again I ask...has the Madman's story every been fully told? Is it even known?

Liner notes are by Jim Partee...is that a real names, especially considering that the label is Erect Records?

Anyway, flayva, y'all, FLAY-VAH!

7 minutes ago, bresna said:

Thelonious Monk - The Complete Thelonious Monk At The It Club (Mosaic). Spinning LP2 now. I don't think I've ever gotten around to spinning all 4 LPs yet. Maybe today's the day?

The Complete Thelonious Monk at the It Club - Jazz Messengers

You’re not the only one to have let that one gather dust. :rlol

4 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-84278-1488305403-4069.jpeg.jpg

so far, so Brubeck and Bossa big band. 

I imagine @Teasing the Korean in a mid-20th century East German pad, Bauhaus inspired naturally. But would the cocktails be any good?

Rosa Klebb stirring the drinks?

44 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Glad to hear it’s OK. I must admit, have never been a fan of those orange label Jazzlands from the US on the sonic front.

The few ones I've had seemed to always be cheap, crackly vinyl, or maybe plastic even. Not flexible, not luxurious, music great, records itself seemed cheap. not unlike Crown in that regard.

37 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-84278-1488305403-4069.jpeg.jpg

so far, so Brubeck and Bossa big band. 

I imagine @Teasing the Korean in a mid-20th century East German pad, Bauhaus inspired naturally. But would the cocktails be any good?

If I am mixing them, yes, though I may be inclined to drink wine with this music, based on your description.  

2 minutes ago, JSngry said:

The few ones I've had seemed to always be cheap, crackly vinyl, or maybe plastic even. Not flexible, not luxurious, music great, records itself seemed cheap. not unlike Crown in that regard.

Yes, I have a Dorothy Ashby that fits that description but this Harriott is definitely superior

2 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

If I am mixing them, yes, though I may be inclined to drink wine with this music, based on your description.  

It was the availability of the ingredients that was worrying me rather than the mixer's skills. I know nothing about 1950's East German wine...

8 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Nor do I, but we don't have to look at the label while we're drinking. ;)

Get pouring...

On a completely different tack, I saw this exhibition yesterday https://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/charlotte-perriand-the-modern-life

Very interesting, great design and some lovely chairs. Perhaps a bit early for your tastes?

Edited by mjazzg