• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Group Niche -Ā No Hay Quinto MaloĀ (1985)

R-5056439-1476643213-2414.jpeg.jpg

Cali salsa classic.

I've been looking for this ages. It is one of my favourite records from the Latin pantheon. I was going to import it from Columbia over discogs. Then one day I found it in the market for Ā£15.

I have heard myths of Columbian vinyl being on a level with classic Jamaican pressings, and, whilst I can't comment, it does sound great.

It comes in a weird plastic case with the actual sleeve inside, not sealed. I'm not sure whether that's normal for Columbian vinyl.

Edited by Rabshakeh

R-1411952-1449860523-6489.jpeg.jpg

Ā 

and

R-4626977-1370359224-7418.jpeg.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I was not directly involved. The recording was produced by my friend Michael Cuscuna and he sent a copy to me.

Very cool.

I still think you should write aĀ memoir/autobiography, Chuck.Ā  You've been an active participant inĀ lasting, IMPORTANTĀ things in the history of the music.Ā  We all love hearing your anecdotes here on the forum.Ā  And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to read about your life experiencesĀ in a more comprehensiveĀ form.

Don't mean to pester.Ā  I'm just sayin'...Ā ;)Ā 

Ā 

Edited by HutchFan

ā€˜Pendulumā€™ CD reissue got pulled super fast because of a tape rights issue. Universal werenā€™t happy. I was lucky to snag it when I saw it, they did a nice job on the sound. I suspect Decca will reissue it in the next year or so.

That booklet which came with the Sunbeam LP is superb, effectively a mini biography. A fine release.

Edited by sidewinder

4 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

ā€˜Pendulumā€™ CD reissue got pulled super fast because of a tape rights issue. Universal werenā€™t happy. I was lucky to snag it when I saw it, they did a nice job on the sound. I suspect Decca will reissue it in the next year or so.

That booklet which came with the Sunbeam LP is superb, effectively a mini biography. A fine release.

I didn't realise that, thanks.Ā  I had simply imagined that a limited run had been snagged by the likes of your good self and no-one was selling it on,. The music on 'Preparation' is fascinating and the booklet is one of the best I've seen better even the SS's in the Tubby box, dare I say.Ā 

Decca are really creating expectations, let's hope this reissue campaign doesn't fizzle like previous ones.

18 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

R-4810216-1535635158-2813.jpeg.jpg

Hannibal Marvin Peterson - Hannibal (MPS, 1975)

Thanks felser!Ā  :tup

Ā 

Such a good album

4 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

The story with the ā€˜Pendulumā€™ CD reissue is that the Lansdowne Studio tape master was used, not the copy held by Universal, who pulled the plug when they found out.

Do you know who's behind Sunbeam and their access to the Taylor recordings? (I haven't read the booklet yet so apologies if the answer is in there).

Second listen completed. It's a really good release. Thanks for your recommendation on the SQ a week or so ago which made my mind up.

I think it is Richard Morton Jack who is behind Sunbeam. He also put out the ā€˜Galactic Rambleā€™ book. RMJ also did the fine Taylor essay in the booklet. The latest recordings seem to have been suppliedĀ from Tony Reevesā€™Ā home collection.

Edited by sidewinder