What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

10 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

It's all in the Mclean Mosaic - right?

Yes, but that's the only place it's available on CD.   I am holding that Mosaic just for that one  album, have the others on standalone CD's. And there's another McLean session (from the Hipnosis 2LP set) that is only available on the Moncur Select, which again is the only reason I stlll have that Select.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-3908120-1409863032-9152.jpeg.jpg

Also on the King LP

15 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

R-1834435-1369808891-3011.jpeg.jpg

Al Grey & Jimmy Forrest - O.D. (Out 'Dere) (Greyforrest Records, 1980)
with Don Patterson on organ

Mentioned before I’m sure but my copy has Al’s autograph on the front. Not signed for me, alas.

I did see him back in the late 90s on a few occasions and his playing was most enjoyable.

R-2441673-1494051171-4964.jpeg.jpg

James Moody - Feelin' It Together [Muse, 1974]

Proof positive, if any were needed, that listening to the consensus opinion here pays dividends.  My first Moody LP purchased yesterday simply because of all the positivity towards him here, led unflaggingly by @HutchFan 

Absolutely feeling it, worth the entry fee for 'Wave' alone.  Two more Moody albums ordered already

Edit: make that five more ordered as they're all less than £10 each, some just £5 which is about as cheap as it gets for used vinyl here these days.

Edited by mjazzg

13 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Are the pies any good?

Didn’t try them. Nice concept though !  (i’m assuming they had pies - certainly plenty of coffee and cakes).

The ‘Quiet Kenny’ sounds fantastic on first listen, very big sound. Certainly trounces my OJC so the hype is justified in this case.

Edited by sidewinder

Johnny Lytle, The Sound of Velvet Soul (Solid State)

Chick Corea, Miroslav Vitous, Roy Haynes, Trio Music (ECM_Image result for  johnny lytle the sound of velvet soulImage result for chick corea trio music ecm

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

R-1067976-1189661370.jpeg.jpg

Bobby Hutcherson - Conception: The Gift Of Love [Columbia, 1979]

I've largely ignored BH after his Blue Note years.  On this evidence that has been foolhardy.  Any views on the other Columbia releases?

Solo/Quartet on Contemporary and all of the Landmark releases are better choices.

I like all of the Hutcherson Columbias (there were only three). They are all "produced" and are obviously "targeted", but...they are all quite well done, and no false tones are struck. And everybody plays, there's none of this "holding back" that such things often ended up with.

Fusion? Reall? Or maybe just letting what was already there step into the mainstream spotlight? I mean, everybody should know about "Un Poco Loco", should they not?

Still do not pass on the aforementioned Solo/Quartet on Contemporary. It is a true masterpiece.

13 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I like all of the Hutcherson Columbias (there were only three). They are all "produced" and are obviously "targeted", but...they are all quite well done, and no false tones are struck. And everybody plays, there's none of this "holding back" that such things often ended up with.

Fusion? Reall? Or maybe just letting what was already there step into the mainstream spotlight? I mean, everybody should know about "Un Poco Loco", should they not?

Still do not pass on the aforementioned Solo/Quartet on Contemporary. It is a true masterpiece.

Thanks, I like that description of them. I will definitely been checking the other two.

Already have 'Solo/Quartet' which is very special, I agree

Edited by mjazzg