Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9.1.2022 at 3:04 AM, Dmitry said:

This is a masterpiece. One of the most overlooked records of all time, in my opinion. It must have been a big hit when it came out in 1960.

R-5682428-1502530091-8352.jpeg.jpg

Nice record, by Coltrane's shadow.

R-805208-1414941937-7009.jpeg.jpg

The "Live at the East" was my first LP of him, bought in the 70´s. I saw Pharoah on several occasions. The last time I had the LP with me and thought maybe I let him sign it for me after the concert, and I would tell him that I bought it when I was a teenager, but then I thought he might do autographs and went home with the album unsigned....

20 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

The "Live at the East" was my first LP of him, bought in the 70´s. I saw Pharoah on several occasions. The last time I had the LP with me and thought maybe I let him sign it for me after the concert, and I would tell him that I bought it when I was a teenager, but then I thought he might do autographs and went home with the album unsigned....

Why didn't you ask him?

Just played Side 1. Very high quality original Danish pressing. 1970s lightweight vinyl, without a single pop/crackle! R-15154408-1587387515-2879.jpeg.jpg

35 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Why didn't you ask him?

Just played Side 1. Very high quality original Danish pressing. 1970s lightweight vinyl, without a single pop/crackle! R-15154408-1587387515-2879.jpeg.jpg

Why I didn´t ask him...... well I heard things that he is not the kind of guy who likes to talk to fans. So I thought he might refuse me or they wouldn´t even let me get inside to "meet him". 

And at that venue they had a completly separate area for the artists , you wouldn´t meet them at the bar like in other clubs. 
I got autographs from Art Farmer, from Dave Liebman, from Eddie Lockjaw Davis and from Curtis Fuller.

I didn´t ask Woody Shaw for an autograph since I had heard he is nearly blind and thought it would be unpolite to ask him....

All the above mentioned musicians asked me my name and wrote dedications..... really wonderful human beings...

20 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Why I didn´t ask him...... well I heard things that he is I got autographs from Art Farmer, from Dave Liebman, from Eddie Lockjaw Davis and from Curtis Fuller.

All the above mentioned musicians asked me my name and wrote dedications..... really wonderful human beings...

Things to be remembered fondly ....