Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jazzcorner said:

Which albums are in this box'  content listed?

Thanks

ALBUM INDEX:
Clef MGC 143 - Stan Getz - The Artistry Of Stan Getz.
Norgran MGN 1000 - Stan Getz Quintet - Interpretations By The Stan Getz Quintet.
Norgran MGN 1008 - Stan Getz Quintet - Interpretations By The Stan Getz Quintet #2.
Norgran MGN 1029 - Stan Getz Quintet - Interpretations By The Stan Getz Quintet #3.
Norgran MGN 1034 - Various - Tenor Saxes.
Norgran MGN 2000-2 - Stan Getz - At The Shrine.
Verve MGV 8200 - Stan Getz - And The "Cool" Sounds.

11 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

Aren’t there a few tracks on that in Mosaic that didn’t make that Clef/Norgran Quintets box? I don’t have either (guess I could check on discogs but that site has been having issues lately)

32 tracks in the Mosaic, 45 in the quintets box.

3 hours ago, porcy62 said:

Thanks for the detailed reply.

As I see I missed the the first 3 and have the rest on vinyls.

45 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

All of those tracks are included in

51PQKxheR-L.jpg

:D:tup

15 hours ago, Pim said:

BC438021-48-A1-4626-9-E93-20-E33-D2-D512

During my youth it was almost impossible to find. It seems it was OOP until I found a japan import LP , mostly for side B with Curtis Fuller. 
I can´t say too much positive things about side A : Sounds quite uninspired . And the most annoying thing is how Bud interferes with Paul Chambers´ solos. It´s more a battle in the worst sense than giving support to the soloist. Sometimes at "Frantic Fancies" (which anyway is not a composition, but just playing on the chord progressions of "Strike Up the Band"...., it really seems to fall to pieces. 

So mostly I spin only side B, not only for Fuller, but also because Bud sounds better on it.

5 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

During my youth it was almost impossible to find. It seems it was OOP until I found a japan import LP , mostly for side B with Curtis Fuller. 
I can´t say too much positive things about side A : Sounds quite uninspired . And the most annoying thing is how Bud interferes with Paul Chambers´ solos. It´s more a battle in the worst sense than giving support to the soloist. Sometimes at "Frantic Fancies" (which anyway is not a composition, but just playing on the chord progressions of "Strike Up the Band"...., it really seems to fall to pieces. 

So mostly I spin only side B, not only for Fuller, but also because Bud sounds better on it.

I’ve got a 1978 Japanese pressing that sounds amazing. I don’t agree with you. Like both sides very much. Though not from the same level as volumes 1 and 2 I really like it. 

17 hours ago, Pim said:

I’ve got a 1978 Japanese pressing that sounds amazing. I don’t agree with you. Like both sides very much. Though not from the same level as volumes 1 and 2 I really like it. 

Mine is also 1978 Japanese pressing ! 

Vol. 1 remains my favourite for the compositions and the participation of Fats and Sonny. From the later one, I keep Side B of Vol. 3, and the whole Vol. 4 "Time Waits" for the participation of Philly J.J. and the compositions, which are great. Vol. 5 is ok, but the drumming of A.T. is a bit too subdued. On the other hand, Bud plays great on Dexter´s "Our Man in Paris".....