Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Pharoah Sanders - Love In Us All [Impulse, 1974]

OC04NTY2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Pharoah Sanders - Elevation [Impulse, France 1974]

NTktNTcxMi5qcGVn.jpeg

The Mystic Revelation Of Teppo Repo - Kosmoksen Erakko [Jazzpuu, Finland 2022]

Ni0zMDQ3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Streifenjunko - Sval Torv [Sofa Records, Norway 2012]

I like those Pharoah Sanders recordings of the early 70´s . The first I had was "Live at the East" and the long tune "Healing Song" with some vocals in the background is one of the most moving music I ever heard (though from the heart I´m more the bebop guy). It was one of my first albums when I was in my early teens. "Thembi" and "Love" etc. also very very fine, on Thembi it´s more percussion, and the theme of "Love is Us All" is similar moving as "Healing Song".....

Of course I don´t know the other two records.....

47 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I like that title and pressing.

It's a great session. The King sounds far better then the twofer.

About King pressings I compared yesterday Shorter's Soothsayer King and LT, the King is fine on drums, bass and piano, the LT is muddy, BUT IMHO the LT got the right tone of Shorter's sax, the King is too sweet, too polite. A Tone Poet would be the right choice if would exist.

now spinnin' Kaleidoscope

MjYtNzgyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by porcy62

SharedImage-119822.jpg?t=c4f3295db73813a

Decca reissue version - still need to do a check of this against the original Fontana.

23 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

It's a great session. The King sounds far better then the twofer.

About King pressings I compared yesterday Shorter's Soothsayer King and LT, the King is fine muddy on drums, bass and piano, the LT is muddy, BUT IMHO the LT got the right tone of Shorter's sax, the King is too sweet, too polite. A Tone Poet would be the right choice if would exist.

Last time I spun the McLean twofer I thought it sounded pretty good. Will have to check.

Every version of ‘Soothsayer’ that I’ve ever heard has sounded shrill to my ears, very weird sonics on that session. I thought the King had the better sound than the LT but the LT, if I remember rightly, was a UK version in my collection. Again, more stuff to check. ;)

I need to retire to catch up on this stuff..:lol:

10 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

SharedImage-119822.jpg?t=c4f3295db73813a

Decca reissue version - still need to do a check of this against the original Fontana.

Last time I spun the McLean twofer I thought it sounded pretty good. Will have to check.

Every version of ‘Soothsayer’ that I’ve ever heard has sounded shrill to my ears, very weird sonics on that session. I thought the King had the better sound than the LT but the LT, if I remember rightly, was a UK version in my collection. Again, more stuff to check. ;)

I need to retire to catch up on this stuff..:lol:

The correct one sounds : the King is fine on drums, bass and piano, the LT is muddy, BUT IMHO the LT got the right tone of Shorter's sax, the King is too sweet, too polite.

5 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

The correct one sounds : the King is fine on drums, bass and piano, the LT is muddy, BUT IMHO the LT got the right tone of Shorter's sax, the King is too sweet, too polite.

Just checked my racks and ‘Soothsayer’ did come out as a MM 2x45 rpm, can’t believe I forgot about it !  I guess that would likely rule it out as a TP though.

I’ll try to give it a spin in the next day or so and compare it with the King.