Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

St. Germain? Montmartre?

Most surely the Left Bank. For years, I was under the impression that it was right next to the Le Chat Qui Peche club on the Rue de la Huchette where McLean was playing in the early sixties but it's not.

Bertrand might know. Or Vincent probably asked McLean already.

couw, I'm not even starting to go to all the Paris tabacs. Unless you come back to Paris and start exploring the cafes scene and their wines (OK, beers for you :P )

couw, I'm not even starting to go to all the Paris tabacs. Unless you come back to Paris and start exploring the cafes scene and their wines (OK, beers for you :P )

oo la la! I'll have to debate this at home. But I fear the worst visiting those places.

Then again, maybe I read the wrong books...

220334802X.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My wife and I went to Paris a few years ago and loved it. I had been there many years befoe as a wandering teen, and loved it then too. When we last went, we went to a jazz club, La Cave Huchette (?). The place was packed, lots of young people, and many people dancing! When have you last seen that Stateside? A pretty good French combo was playing.

I'd love to spend a lot more time there, maybe even, after retirement (Lawd, will that EVER come?!) live there part of the year. Maybe then I will have a chance to find Jackie's tabac. :)

brownie can make a list of all the little tabacs of paris and check them one by one, it'll give him something to do besides redecorating his music room when he retires.

In Paris with Brownie.....A great cigar morning, noon and night. I'm there!!

Nothing like poking around in great record collections and full humidors!!

What's a 'tabac'?

brownie can make a list of all the little tabacs of paris and check them one by one, it'll give him something to do besides redecorating his music room when he retires.

In Paris with Brownie.....A great cigar morning, noon and night. I'm there!!

Nothing like poking around in great record collections and full humidors!!

What's a 'tabac'?

A tabac is a French cafe (or bistro) that sells cigarettes plus various things including some cigars.

wolff, you're welcome to join us for the search of the Paris Bluesnik cafe B-)

I'll provide the cigars...

"WORST OF THE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE" - RCA

d83823o807j.jpg

It felt good to hear some kick-ass, Sixties, sex-drugs-protest, psychedlic, take-it-to-the-street, ROCK 'N ROLL :P

JA music from 1966-1969. Marty Balin, Grace Slick, Jorma Kaukonen, Paul Kantner- a great band at its height.