• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up this Art Hodes EmArcy 10" LP, no personnel details although I think it was recorded in 1950.Any one know?

Muggsy Dawson, cornet, Floyd O'Brien, trombone, Jimmy Granato, clarinet, Hodes, piano, Earl Murphy, bass, vocal, Hap Gormley, drums.

Recorded in Chicago, April 10, 1954.

Says the Lord!

Should be good...

Picked  up this Art Hodes EmArcy 10" LP, no personnel details although I think it was recorded in 1950.Any one know?

Muggsy Dawson, cornet, Floyd O'Brien, trombone, Jimmy Granato, clarinet, Hodes, piano, Earl Murphy, bass, vocal, Hap Gormley, drums.

Recorded in Chicago, April 10, 1954.

Says the Lord!

Should be good...

Thanks Brownie, I also got this Benny Goodman Sextet 10" LP , CL2564, again no details in the notes re personell or recording dates, might be Mel Powell or Teddy Wilson on the pinno, very nice condition incidentally and lovely tunes well played by all.

Edited by Clunky

Thanks Brownie, I also got this Benny Goodman Sextet 10" LP , CL2564, again no details in the notes re personell or recording dates, might be Mel Powell or Teddy Wilson on the pinno, very nice condition incidentally and lovely tunes well played by all.

Nice haul you picked up, Clunky!

The BG Sextet 10-incher has various sides from 1945. That should be Red Norvo on vibes, Teddy Wilson and Mel Powell alternating on piano, Mike Bryan on guitar, Slam Stewart on bass, Morey Feld on drums.

playing through a bunch of Polish 10" LPs in search of more Jerzy Milian doorbell dingdongism and associated hipness. Seems I hit the jackpot just now with a track hidden among a bunch of unrelated items from undated live festival recordings hosted by Willis Connover. At least it *sounds* like Jerzy, no info on the label. The track is followed by a plenty cool Kurylewicz 4tet performance. :tup

Earlier today:

Tapestry of Dreams - Charles Aznavour - I used to love this album. Now it sounds maudlin.

So I followed it up with This Is Benny Goodman

Then, I wanted a couple of chuckles and played Lily Tomlin's "This Is A Recording" which is a collection of her standup routines.

Hard to describe, but those who know her know that she is wickedly hilarious.

After that, I played Columbia Jazz Masterpieces - Sampler Volume II.

The tracks are:

Side I

Miles Davis Quintet - Bye Bye Blackbird

Errol Gardner - Teach Me Tonight

Duke Ellington - All Of Me

Billie Holiday - What A Little Moonlight Can Do

Benny Goodman - Bluebirds In The Moonlight

Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream

Side 2

Miles Davis - The Buzzard Song

Count Basie - How Long Blues

Charles Mingus - Fables of Faubus