• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob Dylan: John Wesley Harding (Sundazed mono)

I think that is the only Sundazed Dylan I do not have. Need to get it next order, along with a couple of the jazz titles that just came out.

Dylan: Freewheelin'(Sundazed-mono) Heaven!!

Parlan: Mosaic set..Speakin' My Piece sides.

Edited by wolff

"Backtrack" - Various - This has everyone from the Oslo Philharmonic through the Three Suns and the New Glenn Miller Orchestra to Floyd Cramer playing everything from the Emperor Waltz and Moonlight Seranade and Mood Indigo. Lots of other standards on a two record set from RCA.

Shriner's Convention - Ray Stevens [i was on a serious search for jazz, a while ago and this beckoned me. What can I say? It's funny.] Stevens was really popular a couple of decades ago and this looks like it's been played only once or twice. Too bad all my jazz isn't in such great shape when I find it.

Andrew Hill: Compulsion

Andrew Hill: Andrew!

Man, it's nice to listen to decent analog after listening to some iffy CD's I just bought. That's it, for me, on the CD's for awhile. Out of the last 10 I bought, there are only two I will listen to again. Too much other great music with decent sound on vinyl.

Compulsion(original mono) is quite an excellent recording. Great deep, resonant bass clarinet and natural highs.

Hill has really become one of my 'go to' musicians.

Herbie Mann Live at the Village Gate Nice mono pressing, love this version of "Summertime"

Phil Woods and His European Rhythm Machine At the Frankfurt Jazz Festival (I just noticed this was produced by herbie Mann, so I guess it's a Herbie Mann night). Embryo Records 1971. Opens with a broiling version of "Freedom Jazz Dance"

A couple of Marcello Melis Black Saint:

- 'The New Village on the Left' with Enrico Rava, Roswell Rudd, Don Moye and the Gruppo Rubanu (Sardinian vocals)

- 'Free to Dance' with Sheila Jordan, Lester Bowie, George Lewis and Melis on the left channel, and Jeanne Lee, Enrico Rava, Gary Valente and Fred Hopkins on the right!

Beautiful!

Looking for some shelves today and also found:

"Maria Callas In Her First Live Performance Ever Of Donizetti...Lucia Di Lammermoor" Mexico 1952 - first time ever on records.

This is the complete opera on 2 records. Conducted by Guido Picco.

WOW!! Callas was indeed magnificent!! The records are pristine, still in their plastic sleeves and in their box. What a find!!

two dollars !!

Edited by patricia