• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll give the 'One For One' vinyl a spin a bit later. Getting impatient - my Andrew Hill 'Select' is still in the mail.. B-)

Currently playing McCoy Tyner 'Tender Moments'. BN Liberty original.

To be followed by Dizzy Reece 'Star Bright' (Classic Records Reissue) and 'Progress Report' (Jasmine Reissue of some old Tempo sessions).

and there is still a batch of brand new ECMs waiting (mostly recordings from the 70's and early 80's), that I got from JPC.de for 10 Euro each.

Nice...

I've heard good things about those German ECMs...I've got one Keith Jarrett (I forget which) and recall being quite pleased with the sound. :tup!

"Conquistador" - Maynard Ferguson [the 1977 incarnation of his band], with Randy Purcell on trombone and a track, "Mister Mellow" with George Benson guesting on guitar.

Of course it has the theme from "Rocky" on it.

But, the title track is my favourite.

Edited by patricia

Peter Ind had a nice label in the 60ies/70ies called Wave Records.

He released among others some Warne Marsh material recorded in 1959/60: Jazz from the East Village (LP10) and Warne Marsh (LP6)

Great stuff! Recommended!  :wub:

Wave still exists, though Peter Ind now issues CDs rather than LPs.

Both Warne Marsh recordings are still in the Wave catalogue, along with a Warne Marsh/Lee Konitz recording from 1976.

Peter Ind also has issued additional takes from The Real Lee Konitz (Atlantic) sessions, recorded by Ind in Pittsburgh in 1957 - Lee Konitz in Jazz from the Nineteen Fifties.

He's also issued a CD of bass duets - himself and Rufus Reid - that I've enjoyed listening to.

I know that Cadence carries Wave CDs.

I highly recommend both Marsh solo CDs and the Konitz - Jazz from the 1950's.

Apologies for sticking a CD response in the Vinyl Thread, but I thought it was important for folks to know about the music. I do believe that music is more important than format. Hope that I'm forgiven on both counts.