What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

The Shins: Chutes Too Narrow (Sub-Pop)

John Jenkins Blue Note 1573 (Classic Records) What a great cover. Has entered my top 10 of BN covers. Seeing it reproduced with such gloss and richness of color and expense is a great touch.

Dizzy Reece: Star Bright (Classic Records)

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree with you about the 'John Jenkins' cover. I have a nice Toshiba of that one.

Just spinning the 'Wally Edition' Pete La Roca 'Basra'. Sounds pretty good, he did a nice job on this one.

Followed up with Jackie McLean 'Bluesnik' 47W63rd deepgroove side 2 (one of my favourites) and Grant Green 'Gratstand' mono original, with some very nice Yusef Lateef.

Then another Wally. Wayne Shorter 'Etcetera'.

Heliocentric Worlds of Sun Ra Vol 1. I remember hearing this first almost 30 years ago, I think, in a coal celler turned into a basement flat. It sounded weird as hell then and no matter how many times I play it I still get the same frisson. I just know there is a tune in there somewhere and every now and again I get the merest hint of it but what the hell, they sound as if they are having a wonderful time anyway.

Solomon Burke: Don't Give Up On Me...new 2LP release on peach vinyl.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack

Beck: Odelay...in anticipation of his new one that should arrive this week.

Jesse Sykes: Reckless Burning...Local girl who has had her two albums vinylized.

"Our Man In Hollywood" - Henry Mancini. Great version of "Walk On The Wild Side" which featured a kick-ass tenor sax. Rivals Jimmy Smith's.

"Ted Heath and his Music" - compilation of Heath's various performances at various venues, including the Palladium, Carnegie Hall, and the Spotlight on Sidemen series. This is a promotion record, used by radio and TV stations.

"It's So Good" - Earl Grant

Soundtrack from "Crossroads", the film which starred Ralph Macchio [Karate Kid]. The music was Ry Cooder and was great Delta Blues.

Salute to Newport - 2 record set [1962 on Impulse. Originally on Dot for Russell and on ABC for Wein]

- Side 1 + 2 features Pee Wee Russell, my favourite clarinet player of all time.

- Side 3 = 4 features George Wein and the Newport All-Stars.

FABULOUS, if you like Russell and Wein, and I DO like Russell and Wein. :wub:

Edited by patricia