• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose I should have posted this on the "Great Finds" thread, but I have been listening to it, so.......... :D

The find is "Hear Them Again" and it is a collection of fifty years of music, stretching from the early forties, mostly vocals, but the bands are the unheralded "extra".

Now, although the collection also includes country, it's mostly vocalists backed by great big bands and wonderful orchestras.

The collection is ten pristine records, boxed, with the two original booklets, un-dogeared. TEN DOLLARS!!

I am listening, as I type, to "The Unforgettable Blues" record now, which includes "Blues in the Night" by Dinah Shore, "I Cover The Waterfront" by Shaw, "Stormy Weather" by Eckstine, "Solitude" by Ellington, "St Louis Blues" by Lena Horne and "Limehouse Blues" by Gould.

The rest of the collection is eclectic, but it includes Armstrong, Pearl Bailey, Jack Teagarden, Billie Holiday, Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Sinatra, movin' up to Belefonte, Eddie Fisher and all the singers and bands from the fifties.

I've also been listening to three albums by Maynard Ferguson, "M.F. Horn Two", "Live At Jimmy's - M.F. 4+5" and "Chameleon" and love them.

That is not to mention a couple of new-to-me Jazztones, "Wild Bill Davison" and "Pee Wee Erwin".

As my apartment gets dangerously close to being condemned by the Health Department and my laundry continues to rise like bread dough, I, of course, listen to music. :lol:

Joy of joys ,I picked up my first BN original ( of sort )vinyl

Sidney Bechet Vol 1 , 12" LP with 47W63rd on the label,

sounds significantly better than the EMI France CD of the same material ( mid 90s)

my question is what is "Deep groove" that I've seen mentioned re BN Lps??

Buddy Tate & Milt Buckner- Midnight Slows- Black and Blue, Tate plays mellow whilst Milts makes cheese. I gather there are another 6 volumes in the series, one's more than enough

Red Mitchell- Bethlehem- (1980s French issues)- that's more like it

Julian Adderley- In the land of HiFi- EmArcy (Sweden) 45rpm E.P.