• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ike Quebec: Soul Samba (original stereo)

Ike Quebec: It Might As Well Be Spring (original stereo)

Freddie Hubbard: Breaking Point (original stereo)

John Lennon: Imagine (MFSL fresh off the presses!!)

Joss Stone: Soul Sessions (UK vinyl) This LP makes me real glad I have decent stereo. :) Clean, lifelike recording with some of the sweetest vocals I've heard in some time.

Edited by wolff

For this Sunday morning we have:

Clifford Jordan Glass Bead Games (Strata East original 2LP set)

Thelonious Monk Complete Blue Note Mosaic (LP 4)

Freddie Hubbard 'Hub Tones' (BN NY USA mono, DG one side)

Sam Rivers 'Contours' (BN NY USA mono version)

Wayne Shorter 'Night Dreamer' (BN NY USA mono version).

John Lennon:  Imagine (MFSL fresh off the presses!!)

I bought this record (if you are reffering to the last MFSL), but I felt unsatisfied with the sound and the Yoko's remix, compared to my late italian analog issue, at the end I bought a UK original pressing, (at the same price of MFSL). I find the UK pressing more 'natural', richer, maybe a little less dinamic and definition, but it gaves me more joy of listening. I sold the MFSL and the italian pressing and stick with the original. How do you judge your pressing?

Edited by porcy62

John Lennon:  Imagine (MFSL fresh off the presses!!)

I bought this record (if you are reffering to the last MFSL), but I felt unsatisfied with the sound and the Yoko's remix, compared to my late italian analog issue, at the end I bought a UK original pressing, (at the same price of MFSL). I find the UK pressing more 'natural', richer, maybe a little less dinamic and definition, but it gaves me more joy of listening. I sold the MFSL and the italian pressing and stick with the original. How do you judge your pressing?

Yes, I heard about what you mention, but many feel MFSL did a really good job and I agree. I have not compared it to anything else, but I like it. It will have to do, as I do not plan looking for better sounding issues.

I am commited to supporting new vinyl issues, if they do a good job.

Sold my MFSL "Dark Side Of The Moon" and bought the 30 year anniversary issue. :tup

Listening to:

Jack Johnson: In Between Dreams

Bright Eyes: I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

Edited by wolff

I am commited to supporting new vinyl issues, if they do a good job.

Sold my MFSL "Dark Side Of The Moon" and bought the 30 year anniversary issue. :tup

Good choice. TDSOTM Anniversary Edition sounds great, and at good price, compared to absurd pricey original pressings. :tup

Some vinyl reissues are great: Sundazed, Speakers Corner, Analogue Production and Classic, love them.

From my haul on Saturday

-Herb Pomeroy- Life's a may and splendored gig- Columbia (UK ex Roulette?) 1957- interesting stuff.

-Don Ewell/Willie "the lion" Smith - Piano Grand- 77 Records- casual 1967 session- stride for 4 hands :wub:

-Bobby Hackett with Vic Dickenson - Roosevelt Grill 1967- swingingggg

-James P. Johnston- Rare 1920s recordings -Halcyon- not sure really how rare but good material, solos and small band mixed.

-Buck Clayton- Songs for swingers- Phillips UK ( ex Columbia , 1958)

-Capitol Jazz series Vol 6 - Metronome all stars-

Edited by Clunky

This morning I recieved Cal Tjader's 2nd LP for Verve, recorded live at the Blackhawk, and it's some of the best Cal I have ever heard, and certainly his best jazz session. A shame this has not been reissued.

Mike - I picked up a near-mint copy of that very same Verve LP just a couple of months ago and I agree, it sounds terrific. It's my only Tjader LP.

The Art Pepper Quartet: Art Is The Art (Vol. 1) Japan

The Art Pepper Quartet: Art Is The Art (Vol. 2) Japan

The Omegatape sessions.

Sure starts out witha killer ballad: Summertime. :tup Very nice to have a pianist with the energy of Carl Perkins playing with him.

Edited by wolff