What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Archie Shepp - For Losers (Impulse). After close to 30 years, still quite possibly my favorite Shepp record. Discraceful that it's never been on CD anywhere, at least not that I know of.

This is a tough one to come by on vinyl too! I've tried to grab it on eBay a few times without any luck. I'd love to hear this some day.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just grabbed a bunch of Van Morrison's records (later german and UK pressing)

You're sorted ! :tup

Just spinning a UK original of Miles' 'Star People' (how did this one pass me by, especially when I caught this band live playing much of this stuff ;) ). Followed by a German original of 'Miles in Berlin' and the CBS-Sony of 'Miles in Tokyo'. Both in tip-top mint.

Benny Goodman - The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert.

This Is Tommy Dorsey - Big Band Music - 2 record set recorded between 1933 and 1944.

The set features Frank Sinatra, Bunny Berigan, Ziggy Elman, Charles Spivak and Buddy Rich and it is electrifying.

Love Is A Gentle Thing - Harry Belefonte

Belefonte Sings The Blues - Very interesting variation of Harry Belefonte's amazing talent. I had never heard him sing blues before and I am impressed.

I Giganti del Jazz 31 with Lucky Thompson, Cedar Walton, Sam Jones and Louis Hayes.

LP is in italian so I'm not sure of the date of the session and I dont have my Lucky discography handy but he is in fine fettle on soprano sax.

Jirí Stivín & Co Jazz System - Five Hits in a Row (Supraphon)

a nice Czech effort from 1972 featuring Polish guest Zbigniew Seifert and US guest Barre Phillips. Stivín plays various flutes. This is pretty much all over the map and nicely jerky.

It sounds like some jam from Uncle Meat at times. Neat!

Edited by couw

I Giganti del Jazz 31 with Lucky Thompson, Cedar Walton, Sam Jones and Louis Hayes.

LP is in italian so I'm not sure of the date of the session and I dont have my Lucky discography handy but he is in fine fettle on soprano sax.

It's a boot of two Groove Merchant dates ( both incomplete)

A recent find I picked up at Second Story books the other day: Clark Terry Mumbles on Mainstream Records. Lots of latin feel to this one and I've played it twice today and I really like it. No recording dates or info on the liner notes, but some of the players include Richard Davis, Grady Tate and Jerome Richardson. Record is old but its in great shape.

Sun Ra- Live at Montreux- Inner City 2LP ( new for £5 from Fopp !!)

Sun Ra- Magic City- Saturn ( also new today £5)

John Coltrane & Don Cherry- Avante-garde- Atlantic ( again new today £5)

Fopp had other Coltrane Atlantics all at £5, not sure of any mastering details or even country of origin but pressing seem fine.

New additions, finally getting some playing time:

Warne Marsh: All Music (Nessa) Nice, all the way around!! Real good sound on the piano. That poor instrument gets the short end very often.

Art Pepper: The Intimate (Analogue Productions) Artist House sides, but don't know if they saw the light of day before this(1996).