What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Our EU friends seem to listen to a ton of stuff I've never seen or heard of.

Enjoying a couple reissues I was not planning on getting. Classic Records did two Miles Davis 10 inch titles. Young Man With A Horn(5013) and Vol. 3 (5040). Deep groove labels, flat edge, etc.. Very nice!!

At $30 each I've always spent my $$ elswhere, as I have the tunes in various forms.

A $12.99 each(still sealed :) ) Buy It Now on eBay sent me over the edge.

Supa Score! Enjoy do's rekkids... ;) B-)

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francy Boland 'Going Classic' , with Kenny Clarke, Woodwinds and the Berlin String Band (German Vogue 2LPs). Wonderful stuff - just love this late 60s/early 70s Francy Boland material.

Just before that:

Larry Young 'Unity' (NY USA mono original). Sublime !

Coming up:

Art Blakey 'The Freedom Rider' (NY USA mono original)

Donald Byrd 'Fuego' (47W63rd DG mono)

Edited by sidewinder

24117A1.jpg

Classic Records 200 gram mono reissue. :tup

Just ordered Classic's Jackie McLean: Swing, Swang, Swingin' and they have just released:

Sonny Red: Out of the Blue

Horace Silver: 6 Pieces of Silver

Lou Donaldson: Lou Takes Off

Benny Green: Back On The Scene

Just when I thought I was caught up...

"Show Biz - from Vaude to Video.

This album is difficult to describe.

The cover notes, in part, read:

From Caruso to Pinza, Smith and Dale to Milton Berle, Nora Bayes to Dinah Shore, Vaudeville to Movies to TV to 3D.

Fifty grand and glorious years of Show Business seen through the eyes, ears and slanguage of its bible, VARIETY.

This has performances by Gene Austin, Ben Bernie, Fanny Brice, Eddie Cantor, Maurice Chevalier, George M. Cohan, Bing Crosby, Tommy Dorsey, Morton Downey, Jimmy Durante, Eddie Fisher, George Gershwin, Benny Goodman, Hildegarde, Helen Kane, Harry Laurder, Beatrice Lillie, Glenn Miller, Helen Morgan, Will Rogers, Kate Smith, Aophie Tucker, Rudy Vallee, Paul Whiteman etc., etc.,

This is an interesting album.

The last couple of days been playing the eight Clef Oscar Peterson Plays Gershwin, Porter, Ellington etc that i own. These are the guitar trio recordings with Kessel and Ellis along with Ray Brown from the 50's. Although not any of my Clefs could be accused of being anywhere near mint, the music is great.

As you probably know they redid all the songbooks in the 60's with Thigpin on drums, but the redos sound like OP was just going through the motions next to the Clefs. Maybe its because they rerecorded all ten songbooks in two days or something like that.

I just need to find the Clef Jerome Kern and Richard Rodgers and i will be a happy man.

Edited by Bill Fenohr

This afternoon:

The Complete Jelly Roll Morton Volume 1/2 - 1926 - 1927 (RCA - France)

Coleman Hawkins with Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Night Hawk (Analogue Productions 45 rpm)

Duke Ellington: Such Sweet Thunder (CBS - France) - Probably not the best sound on this, though very listenable, and after reading about how the CD reissue was screwed up, I'm glad to have this.

From a heap of (many classical LPs) bought at the weekend from a charity book sale ,

a near mint copy on heavy vinyl of Bob Dylan "Self portrait"- one seriously weird album , spotty to say the least , highly inconsistent but worth hearing- perhaps that's why it's condition is so good. !!!