• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"1928" - Gene Austin, Paul Whiteman, Fred Waring, Helen Morgan, Irving Aaronson and his Commanders, George Olsen, The Revellers, George Wolfe Kahn, Duke Ellington, Jesse Crawford, Helen Kane, Vaughn De Leath, Leo Reisman, Whispering Jack Smith, Ireme Bordoni and Johnny Hamp.

Great album. Nice trip down Memory Lane. Pristine. Love it!!

Ike Quebec 'Blue and Sentimental' (BN NY USA mono). Classic BN session with Ike on great form with Sonny Clark and a very mellow Grant Green.

I still keep thinking of this session as 'Bald and Temperamental'  :D

I really enjoy that Quebec album. Nice pick.

I'm listening to McCoy Tyner Plays Ellington

Live! Shelly Manne & his men at The Manne-Hole (Contemporary 2LP, mono original)  :excited:

Nice! Do not see this one much. Picked mine up, about 10 years ago, on a trip to Disneyland. Took a break from family and fun and went to the closest used record store I could find. :)

Joe Newman- With woodwinds (Roulette) Mono deep groove ( copy pretty worn)- Basie orienated personell deliver pretty Erniw Wilkins arrangements, some nice soloing form Joe, not much else happening though

Theres a copy of this on E-Bay currently, and I thought about bidding on it but figured it was along the lines you described and chose not to bid on it. Thanks for the comments.

Live! Shelly Manne & his men at The Manne-Hole (Contemporary 2LP, mono original)  :excited:

Nice! Do not see this one much. Picked mine up, about 10 years ago, on a trip to Disneyland. Took a break from family and fun and went to the closest used record store I could find. :)

The very fact that it's a double LP release makes it "rare". And it is a live recording too. Two facts with limited selling potential, I guess. But I like this recording a lot.

10603989_155_155.jpeg

The Great Jazz Trio: Autumn Leaves (88's japan vinyl)

Dexter Gordon: Something Different (SteepleChase SCS 1136) Interesting guitar over-dub on Invitations, but it works amazingly well. Beautiful song. :tup

Edited by wolff