What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Spinning two albums which I was happy to locate while continuing to clear the mess of part of my vinyls section:

For some reason, I do not see even part of your collection being in disarray. :D

Seems like a very unique Cannonball LP.

Only about two-third of it is properly stored. The rest is a mess! I knew I had that Cannonball vinyl somewhere :crazy:

Edited by brownie

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cover indicates it was 'made and sold by Fontana records under rights from Interdisc S.A.'

The vinyl bears the 'Made in France' identification. Checked a couple of European Riverside issues I have, they were also 'Made in France'!

Good enough for me ^_^

Spinning two albums which I was happy to locate while continuing to clear the mess of part of my vinyls section:

For some reason, I do not see even part of your collection being in disarray. :D

Seems like a very unique Cannonball LP.

Only about two-third of it is properly stored. The rest is a mess! I knew I had that Cannonball vinyl somewhere :crazy:

Hang your head in shame, Brownie. Storing one's vinyl properly is a pledge we all must abide by. One day soon, while you are listening to some of your favourite LPs, instead of just sittin there, bathed in the sounds, use the time to sort and shelve. Multi-tasking, as it were. The longer you put it off, the worse it will get, particularly if you are making new acquisitions from time to time.

Last week, coincidentaly, both my very best friend, on the East Coast and I were both culling, sorting and shelving our collections. It's a soul-cleansing experience.

Don't put it off. Elves are not going to sneak into your house to do it for you.

I was kind of hoping they would for a long time, but................ ;):w

The cover indicates it was 'made and sold by Fontana records under rights from Interdisc S.A.'

The vinyl bears the 'Made in France' identification. Checked a couple of European Riverside issues I have, they were also 'Made in France'!

Good enough for me  ^_^

I'll bet it sounds excellent. I have a few of those UK Riversides which were also licensed from Interdisk. Including a couple of Cannonball's, in fact. They are usually quite cheap to buy and invariably deliver the goods, sound wise. :tup

Elves are not going to sneak into your house to do it for you.

I was hoping to recruit one as a librarian. :D

;)

On my way to vintage vinyl heaven, [way downtown] right now. I sorted my stuff just in the nick of time.:)

Back now, several dollars lighter, with about twenty LPs.

Right now I'm listening to:

Jazztone Society - Jazz Sampler J-REC100, ten inch LP.

This was one of the first issues by the JazzTone Society. Perfect condition and EVERYBODY of note from the era is on this.

Sidney Bechet Jazz Festival Concert Paris 1952 - Live - ten-inch LP. On Blue Note. Wonderful sound.

Both these LPs are obviously on mono, but the sound is exceptional.

Edited by patricia

Now, "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf?" - Jimmy Smith - arranged by Claus Ogerman and Oliver Nelson on Verve 1964.

The tracks:

Side 1

Slaughter on Tenth Avenue

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf? part 1

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf? part 2

Side 2

John Brown's Body

Wives And Lovers

Women Of The World

Bluesette

Very nice.

Edited by patricia

Elves are not going to sneak into your house to do it for you.

I was hoping to recruit one as a librarian. :D

:D:P

Need a full band of elves plus some time!

Hoping to have all (well, almost all) my vinyls back in alphabetic order by the end of this year :)

I've always had my vinyl in alphabetical order, with a slowly but surely growing Miscelaneous section. That's the section that drives me nuts. I't gotten to be at least twenty percent of the total, because they are mostly compilations. So, does anyone have a suggestion??

The single artist or band records are obvious, but under which name should I shelve the compilations??

Even the vintage place I haunt puts them all on a really long shelf, in no particular order. I have to set aside at least an hour there, maybe two to view the records on that one shelf, stretching down an entire aisle. So my vinyl guy hasn't solved the problem either.

In the meantime I'm listening now to "The Everlovin' Sassy" on the Vernon label.

Every song a gem.

Edited by patricia

The Chicagoans "The Austin High Gang" 1928-1930. on Decca.

The Chicago Rhythm Kings

McKenzie and Condon's Boys

Husk O'Hare and His Footwarmers

Joe "Wingy" Manone and His Club Royale Orchestra

Elmer Schoebel and His Friars Society Orchestra

The Cellar Boys

The cover notes are tiny, tiny print crammed into the space, written by George Hoefer and talk about the influence that Frank Teschemacher had on all these bands, as well as their histories.

This is a fabulous album.

Billie Holiday: "The Golden Years" Volume II(Columbia C3L 40).   Nice "Radio Station Copy- Not For Sale" 3LP set from 1966. 

Is your set 2-eye or 6-eye ?

2 eye.

Goldmine says this was the original of this comp. Vol. I came out as both a 6 and 2 eye.

Side note...BMG had this to say about it:A pair of three-album boxed sets that at one time were the standard for Holiday reissues. They've since been eclipsed by CD sets, but are still fine.

This may true for content, but not for sound or musicality. Just compared 11 tracks from the remastered 24 bit Billie Holiday Collection to my LP's. It's pathetic what they are doing to this music in the digital domain. Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by wolff