What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Yesterday i picked up Charlie Parker self-titled LP on Everest Records in the "Archieve of Folk and Jazz Music" series. (FS-214). There are no recording details on the sleeve or label. The track listing is Side 1: Ko ko / 'Round Midnight / Cool Blues / Ornithology; Side 2: Move / White Christmas / Ornithology / Hot House / Groovin' High / Theme.

The vinyl is in good condition and the sleeve is excellent, and all for £2.50.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

=Chuck Nessa,Sep 25 2005, 07:19 PM]

Wild Bill Davis "Midnight to Dawn" on RCA Victor.

LOVE Wild Bill. I suspect I'm not the only one who does, who skulks among the dusty shelves at my favourite vintage vinyl emporium. Aside from compilations his LPs are scarce as hen's teeth. I've only managed to find two and the space is usually empty.

He is wonderful!!

Edited by patricia

Cat Anderson and the Ellington All Stars 'Ellingtonia' (Wynne) mono,

the Ellington All Stars being Ray Nance, Rudy Powell alternating with Budd Johnson, Leroy Lovett, Jimmy Woode, Sam Woodyard.

Brownie, you forgot to mention the playing of trombonist Quentin 'Butter' Jackson.

The record itself is a curious affair -- one which leader Anderson likely never saw any further money after receiving his advance. It's the sort of shyster recording for a fly-by-night label which re-emerges on other discount labels.

My copy is on Strand, a label notorious for 'farming out' their recordings.

The date itself consists of at least two recording sessions and the recording quality (and peformances) are highly variable. It's about what you'd expect from a sealed slab with no inner sleeve meant to retail at $1.97 or so.

but I got Thad Jones and Chico Hamilton  :excited:

Both of those are good ones. Particularly the Thad Jones on vinyl :tup . I have the Chico on CD, which is more than good enough but I'll bet it sounds phenomenal on the vinyl. Congrats !

Better get the TT serviceable quick :g

Edited by sidewinder

Both of those are good ones. Particularly the Thad Jones on vinyl  :tup . I have the Chico on CD, which is more than good enough but I'll bet it sounds phenomenal on the vinyl. Congrats !

Better get the TT serviceable quick  :g

I have both on cd, probably I'll put them on sale on the forum.

I spotted also a Blue Mitchell that sold for 160 $, a good price. Sadly I have just bought some of the original BN, so I will keep the Mosaic cds, and will try to complete the original Lps collection.