• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Todays roster:

Lee Konitz - Satori (Milestone)

Joe Henderson - Tetragon (Milestone)

Pharoah Sanders - Live at the East (Impulse)

Charles Mingus - Nostalgia in Times Square/The Immortal 1959 Sessions (Contemporary)

Elvin Jones - Skyscrapers vols 2 and 3 (Honeydew)

Archie Shepp - Live in London (Denon)

Guest akanalog

john surman-"when fortune smiles"

just got near mint for $7.

maybe that isn't good, but i thought it was.

i wish this album was on CD as a single, not paired with "westering home".

anyway, good album.

didn't realize that the main jam on that recent surman "way back when" was really the first track (title track?) from this album.

anyway, good album.

didn't realize that the main jam on that recent surman "way back when" was really the first track (title track?) from this album.

Great find at that price ! Does it have the booklet/insert?

John Coltrane - Creation (Blue Parrot) As discussed elsewhere, this is more from the Half Note (and other places). Pretty reasonable sound for what it is. If you see it at a sane price (I paid $10 yesterday) it's well worth buying (or rebuying, I still can't sigure out what happened to my first copy inless I gave it to someone because they were a bigger 'Trane fan than I)>

John Coltrane - Creation (Blue Parrot) As discussed elsewhere, this is more from the Half Note (and other places). Pretty reasonable sound for what it is. If you see it at a sane price (I paid $10 yesterday) it's well worth buying (or rebuying, I still can't sigure out what happened to my first copy inless I gave it to someone because they were a bigger 'Trane fan than I)>

anyway, good album.

Is it the Dawn or the Pye reissue? Great record...

I thought it did have its own Akarma CD issue.

I love the cover on that one. It's usually around $30-$40, which is too much.

Guest akanalog

yo cliff, it is on pye.

sidewinder told me this isn't the original.

oops.

well, either way good record and good price, i think.

artwork on the front...a little weird.

i haven 't seen an akarma single reissue-i have just seen it paired with westering home, an album that doesn't appeal to me much.

Guest akanalog

alphonse mouzon-the essence of mystery

i have been trying to find this on CD for ages and finally gave up and went the vinyl route to go with my new stylus i had to buy today since i snapped off my last one accidentally cleaning it.

this is one of the best soulful fusion albums released by blue note, IMO.

a little too much singing, but when mouzon shuts up, it's sweet.

buddy terry and sonny fortune on the front line, with larry willis and buster williams/bad bascomb and mouzon laying down some soulful stuff.

i actually bought a few records when i was out today-got the mouzon and the karl berger milestone LP with dave holland and ed blackwell and carlos ward and also the hal galper guerilla band LP on mainstream and stanley cowell's illusion suite and the visitors "neptune" LP (coltane's cousins) and freddie hubbard's "get your soul together". all good prices. i think this was my best day of purchasing LPs ever! and i don't buy too many LPs these days...i go in waves i guess. but i think i have exhausted the CD world at this point unless a new stream of reissues comes out or some things start coming back into print (like "the essence of mystery", for instance). why french blue note (or japanese?) just reissued two other inferior mouzon blue notes on CD but not this one, i don't get it....