• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night (too tired to post!)

A vinyl evening

Bill Doggett - Honky tonk popcorn - Polydor reissue

Inez Andrews - This is not the first time I've been last - Songbird (ABC) orig

Rev Amos Waller & the Mercy Seat Missionary Baptist Church - Come to Jesus - Songbird (green label) orig

Rev L W Williams - Doing your best in service for Jesus (sermon) - Landra orig

(Landra is a strange little label; the LP sleeve opens at the top (?). Based in Greenville Miss; Williams leads a church in Helm, Miss.)

MG

Bob Brookmeyer and Friends (Columbia mono, which I guess is the only way it was ever released on vinyl)\

Found it for $8 tonight at a Half-Price Books. MAN I love that place!

yup, a real dandy. great pic on the front, too.

and for me:

andre kostelanetz-stardust, perhaps his mellowest(at his nonclassical best), before he tried to get modern.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Cannonball Adderley with Sergio Mendes - Cannonball's Bossa Nova (1985 Landmark issue)

Good Lord, how many times was this album reissued? Landmark???

TTK, as I recall Orrin Keepnews reissued all of the Cannonball Riverside albums owned by Capitol in 1985 on the Landmark label. Maybe not all of them, but I think so.

Ssergio Mendes Trio - So Nice (Pickwick)

This is a Pickwick release of a Capitol album which as I recall was entitled Sergio Mendes & Brasil '65 with Special Guest Bud Shank. Pickwick had a licensing deal with Capitol. They would sell for $1.99 three year old Capitol albums minus one song on what appeared to be lower grade vinyl.

Brasil '65's singer was Wanda de Sah, who was the poor man's Astrud Gilberto. She later married the popular composer/singer Edu Lobo. Lobo's wife had been Gracinha Leporace, who later replaced Lani Hall in Brasil '66 and then later married Mendes. I think all those bossa nova people lived in a small world!

Gerry Mulligan/Paul Desmond (Fantasy)

This album combined a Desmond date without Brubeck from 1954 on Side A with the first recordings of the Mulligan/Baker quartet from 1953 on Side B.

Cannonball Adderley with Sergio Mendes - Cannonball's Bossa Nova (1985 Landmark issue)

Good Lord, how many times was this album reissued? Landmark???

TTK, as I recall Orrin Keepnews reissued all of the Cannonball Riverside albums owned by Capitol in 1985 on the Landmark label. Maybe not all of them, but I think so.

This album was also released on Capitol, Pickwick, and Everest. There was a whole thread about this album recently...