• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ornette Coleman "Science Fiction" Columbia. Always a pleasure!

I think I may be one of the few people on this planet to dig those vocal tunes. Too bad those "expanded" ensemble sides (heard in more traditional form on Broken Shadows) rarely get any discussion/play--they're every bit the success that Free Jazz is--probably more--IMO.

Last night I spun:

Hank Mobley "Soul Station"

Wild Bill Moore "Wild Bill's Beat"

Joe Henderson "Mode for Joe"

Johnny Hammond Smith "All Soul"

Roy Ayers "Virgo Vibes"

I have been lurking this board off and on for a long while. I don't know why, but I am tired of lurking and want to start contributing.

:D:D:D

Mark

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will have lots to talk about in the coming weeks. I just purchased a large Jazz and Blues LP collection from a local guy who did not want the records taking up space in his home. These have not seen the light of day since the early 70's. He had just over 600 records. I am pulling about 5 per night. Cleaning them up and slapping them on the turntable for a listen.

I already have about 1500 Jazz recordings in house on Vinyl. A lot of these are reissues and later pressings. This new lot are all mostly first pressings in mono. What a difference in the way these originals sound!! Now I can see why some folks are paying the big bucks for originals.

Mark

Chet Baker "Chet" Riverside RLP 299 DG original. Found it in Italy...:rolleyes:

Damn, Where?

My beloved records shop in Rome shut down definitely a week ago, they couldn't afford the renting costs and the on-line and big chains competition. Sad news, a nice place run by nice and competent people. Hope they will survive in some other form, because I loved buying records vis-a-vis, I had a lot of good suggestions from these guys. :(

here their website http://www.disfu.com/index.php

In praise of DISFUNZIONI MUSICALI

Mozart Requiem, Karajan, DG, tulip label.

Edited by porcy62