Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

patter_don~_bossmen~~_101b.jpg

THE BOSS MEN - Don Patterson, Sonny Stitt, Billy James. Blue label Prestige, 203 S. Washington. Bergenfield, NJ. Recording by Rudy Van Gelder, and it sounds great. I just got back from the dentist (2nd visit this week), and I needed something with a high chill-out factor ^_^

A couple of the Blue Note Cover Series reissues. Andrew Hill 'One For One' and McCoy Tyner 'Cosmos' - with the common factor of both having tracks with string quartet. Not the greatest of pressings but fantastic music - must have about 15 or so of these. I think the only one of the twofers I don't have is the Sam Rivers.

coveriu.jpg

Cosmos_(McCoy_Tyner_album).jpg

Edited by sidewinder

066432.jpg

I would like to find that in a bin someday.

I just found it a few weeks ago at Encore Records in Ann Arbor, one of the great used record/CD shops

in the country. It's really a strong and intriguing record, showcasing Jones at his most modern but in a slightly different vein than his Great Jazz Trio LPs with Ron Carter and Tony Williams, perhaps because it's quartet so you get to hear him comp. Great blindfold test LP in that way. Jordan sounds typically great too.