What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

0.jpg

Tomasz Stanko--------s/t---------(Pronit /PSJ112)

Very fine feisty quartet session from 1982. Plenty of grit and swing that aren't as obvious in his ECM output. Cover art is outstanding, I think we can all agree. Blue colour, nice, Stanko's name spelt correctly but sadly horn depicted is inaccurate in the number and type depicted. Lazy or what. This seems to have been a generic cover to which they added brief text. Curiously according to discogs this was also released by Poljazz but with a different (nicer) cover

mpOl4ZDwuZVedKspFBbTajg.jpg

here's the Poljazz cover of the Stanko

aij-stanko.jpg

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Earlier this afternoon

290637848904.jpg

Joe Thomas & Bill Elliott - Speak your piece - Sue

now

SDGBJ1206CD.jpg

Chester Thompson - Powerhouse - Black Jazz

next

177246_1_f.jpg

Les McCann - Much Les - Atlantic

And just found a load of Les' vinyl I haven't played for ages, so I'm gonna have myself a Les McCann orgy tonight and tomorrow!

MG

Nice score. Have a dead silent Japanese press of "le nouveau jazz" and only the In Situ CD version of "free jazz"...

I've been told the Japanese "Le nouveau jazz" is a stereo pressing. If so, is it "real" stereo?

I think my copy is stereo but honestly have no idea. Catalog number is "SL-5007-AX". My copy is a white label promo and all the text on the back and inner gatefold is in Japanese.

The pressing quality is pristine and not a single click is to be heard which is nice.

Yeah, Columbia pressed up promos of both Tusques Mouloudjis - they are also quite rare, pressings are undoubtedly better than the originals. So it goes...

Funny thing, those vintage Japanese free jazz pressings. "Church number nine" on Odeon has even got 10 minutes of extra music (sort of "part 3") compared to the French Calumet.

I have an original French pressing but have long been curious about the Japanese Odeon and its extra ten minutes of music. Curious, but it's hard to break the bank purchasing something you already own!

Now:

Greek-Oriental Smyrnaic-Rebetic Songs and Dances, The Golden Years 1927-1937 - (Folklyric, US)

Neil Ardley 'Greek Variations' (Australian World Record Club).

Never knew this obscure variant existed until I saw a copy. Sonics are pretty well comparable, I think, to the UK Columbia version. Ian Carr's tone, in particular, comes through very nicely.

well now that you've got two copies, I'd be happy to help you free one up!