• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toshi Ichiyanagi/Michael Ranta/Takehisa Kosugi "improvisation 1975" (iskra, Japan). Probably one of the rarest records in my collection and one of my favorite "avant garde" records. The original pressing sounds 10 times better then the bootlegs more commonly available

It's the only bootleg in my collection, I think. I loathe those cheaply produced counterfeits the reissue market is flooded with (think Phoenix records for this kind of music).

But this is a record I really want and I still haven't found a copy at a price I could afford. So the boot is there on the shelf. Mind you, I refuse to play it. It's just waiting to be replaced by the real thing.

Edited by corto maltese

Miles Davis, On the Corner. I never tire of listening to this.

I love that album and the complete "on the corner" CD box set is simply incredible

Have been spinning that set this week and agree. Just too bad that Bob Belden didn't get the permission to put out the 2x4CD sets !

I think the previously unreleased material from the later sessions included in that set is mostly underwhelming. The introduction price was inflated.

What material would have been on those 2x4CD sets, Sidewinder?

Don Rendell/ Ian Carr Quintet-----------Live at the Union------(Stamford Audio)

Slightly dusty recording but generally exciting 2LP set . Rendell plays well , even Brian Morton might agree.

I've sat in that student union bar recital room at UCL on many an occasion, totally oblivious to this performance having been done there. The Folk Club used to use this space.