What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

AEC---------Live in Japan-----(DIW) single LP.

I think the CD released added more material . This session seems more conventional jazzy than some . Beautiful none the less.

I have the 2lp set. A favourite of mine, probably because it i, as you say, more conventionally"jazzy."

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lester Bowie - African Children [Horo]

can't seem to leave AACM alone at the moment

Know what you mean, that's the effect of threads here. I'm scurrying to my collection to dust of various items. AACM as I have noted elsewhere seems to provide endless fascination. Earlier I was playing Urban Bushmen which was great. I think I've played the entirety of one AEC album everyday over the past week.

590-225px.jpg

Bryan Wright - Bix Beiderbecke's Modern Piano Suite (Rivermont). I could put this in the 78 thread - Wright presents Beiderbecke's four-part suite on two microgroove stereo 78s. I suppose there's a novelty element to this issue, but it's musically and sonically excellent.

213036l.jpg

Marian McPartland - Ambiance (Halcyon). McPartland's albums vary in quality. This is one of the very, very good ones. McPartland, the underrated Michael Moore on bass, and Jimmy Madison and Billy Hart alternating on drums play an interesting and exploratory set of music from 1970.

Sonny Greenwich "the old man and the child" (Sackville, Canada). Nice 1970 session...from a 2LP set featuring a similiar vintage Don Thompson group session on record #2 featuring Greenwich on guitar.

I had this lined up in my 'for sale' pile. I played it again for one final time and loved it and wondered why I'd thought that way about it. Now not being sold.

Sonny Greenwich "the old man and the child" (Sackville, Canada). Nice 1970 session...from a 2LP set featuring a similiar vintage Don Thompson group session on record #2 featuring Greenwich on guitar.

I had this lined up in my 'for sale' pile. I played it again for one final time and loved it and wondered why I'd thought that way about it. Now not being sold.

:)