What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Just arrived direct from ECM Germany yesterday..

Any good? I like Eick's leader dates but at the same time have a sneaking doubt that a narrow furrow is being ploughed with them - danger of diminishing returns. I see there's a violinist added this time but the ECM site clip didn't really suggest there's a major departure in sound. I really like it; bit less "melodic" then "skala" but I can tell this will be a grower. I'm a big fan of Eick's albums on ECM though so you are getting a biased opinion ;)

I'm not adverse to a bit of bias. I'll call it informed opinion .......the 'little less "melodic"' probably makes it a 'yes' for me

Have you seen him live at all? I've only done so with Haarla's 'Northbound' band, I keep missing Jaga Jazzist and I'm not sure he's played leader dates here yet. I'd like to hear him stretch out a bit on some of this ECM material

I saw his "skala" band live two years ago; it was a great show!

ECM is putting out select new releases on vinyl; only being pressed in Germany but available through them or amazon, etc...

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lenny Hambro----------The nature of things------(Fontana) UK

1956 sessions with Hambro on alto and Barry Galbraith and Edfie Costa doing their usual thing. Hambro isn't massively distinctive but the session has comfortable softer hardbop feel. Not dissimilar to a typical Bethlehem session. Solid recording from Epic and excellent pressing. Nice one.

Plenty o' vinyl to be spun this weekend as I'm on for a pre-amp upgrade. :)

I did this recently. An upgraded Moon phono amp made an enormous difference to my vinyl pleasure.!

Nice one ! Have just re-powered up with the new amp in place (took hours to reconnect everything) and the improvement is not small. Both LP and CD playback are massively improved.

Edited by sidewinder

Ilpo Saastoimenen "joujetsen juju" (love, Finland) have not played this record in at least 5 years...bought it because of Edward Vesala's involvement but it still confuses me. An odd record - definitely not "jazz" but it's really all over the map. Anyways, not many albums in my collection leave me scratching my head when I listen to it like this one. Is this a good thing!?