Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

031499.jpg

GHOST OF A TRANCE - Peter Kuhn.  Hat Hut.

Side A has the trio of Kuhn (alto and bass cl), Phillip Wilson (perc), and William Parker on tuba (!). I've seen Parker play various flute instruments but never the tuba. 

Just checked the line up. Looks intriguing. How's it sound Leeway?

031499.jpg

Side A has the trio of Kuhn (alto and bass cl), Phillip Wilson (perc), and William Parker on tuba (!). I've seen Parker play various flute instruments but never the tuba. 

Good, not great. I actually like the larger line-up on Side B rather more; I find it a little more exciting. Kuhn's an interesting character, with an Art Pepper type life story, so the disc is interesting although not essential. 

031499.jpg

Good, not great. I actually like the larger line-up on Side B rather more; I find it a little more exciting. Kuhn's an interesting character, with an Art Pepper type life story, so the disc is interesting although not essential. 

Thanks. I like interesting. Read about his life earlier after your first post

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/dec/10/lists-abundant-life-peter-kuhn/

certainly "interesting"

Edited by mjazzg

Metabolist "hansten klork" (dromm, UK). Found this earlier today at a record store in Victoria, BC.  Nice condition and priced cheaply enough for me to finally buy it after many years of being interested in picking it up.  Good stuff in a lo-fi This Heat meets Magma way.

next up: Kenny Wheeler "deer wan" (ECM, Germany). A classic; I think this original German pressing is a hair more dynamic sounding then my Japanese pressing of this.  

Metabolist "hansten klork" (dromm, UK). Found this earlier today at a record store in Victoria, BC.  Nice condition and priced cheaply enough for me to finally buy it after many years of being interested in picking it up.  Good stuff in a lo-fi This Heat meets Magma way.

next up: Kenny Wheeler "deer wan" (ECM, Germany). A classic; I think this original German pressing is a hair more dynamic sounding then my Japanese pressing of this.  

Such a luminous, magnificent record! :tup  :tup  :tup 

Sonny Rollins - Our Man In Jazz - (RCA-Victor, stereo og) 

Picked up a nice copy of this recently and it's great to hear the LP as programmed. I used to have an old, abused copy long ago but this sounds wonderful. Going against my usual anti-boot approach I may pick up the recent CD boxed set to tide over until someone does an authorized version. So much great music from that stand at the Gate.