• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wardell Gray - Memorial Album (Presitige) - 2 LP set. RVG in the deadwax on all four sides. This is a really nice batch of recordings. I never really listened to this stuff in the past, so it's all a first time for me.
gray_wardel_wardellgr_104b.jpg

I have that one as two UK Stateside LPs, 60s issue. Very nice and an old favourite !

Wardell Gray - Memorial Album (Presitige) - 2 LP set. RVG in the deadwax on all four sides. This is a really nice batch of recordings. I never really listened to this stuff in the past, so it's all a first time for me.
gray_wardel_wardellgr_104b.jpg

I have that one as two UK Stateside LPs, 60s issue. Very nice and an old favourite !

Yes, yes!  Gray's "Sweet Lorraine" knocks me OUT. :)

My LP set looks like this:

Wardell-Gray-Central-Avenue-541386.jpg

Same material. Just a different cover.

Benny Bailey, Nathan Davis & Co. - Soul Eyes: Live at the Domicile  Munich - (MPS, Japan, orig gatefold)

A friend in Japan sent this my way - really swell record, sounds beautiful. Hadn't really heard much of this one before now.

Nice!  I have a later single sleeve Japanese press; one fine day I'll throw down the dough for an original SABA...

Can your Japanese friend send me an original Union pressing of "independence"?  Or I guess I can settle for an original "amalgamation" or "2 to 10 saxophone adventure" ;)

Wayne Shorter ---- Night Dreamer---- ( NYC mono)

Another session that I only appreciated once I got it on vinyl. The RVG just didn't grab me but it's a fine progressive BN date . It's all Wayne and Elvin with Lee along for the ride

That's a title I got a few years ago as a Japanese King pressing.  Sounds sublime.  I don't  really want to fork out the dough for a clean "ear" original :0 ....but I can't say I'm not jealous!

r8e.jpg

Mickey Katz Plays Music for Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, and Brisses (Capitol mono). Been listening to lots of klezmer lately. This is the closest Katz came to "serious," straight klezmer. No real slapstick, just some silliness here and there with Katz's occasional Yiddish/English lyrics.

Globe Unity - 73 Live in Wuppertal [FMP]

sheer musicianship, individual and collective shines through the 'authentic' live recording

Used to have that one... it's neat.

It is that. I bought it without knowing what to expect. The fact that it's not collective playing was a surprise but a very pleasant one