wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

45,028 posts in this topic

Wayne Shorter ---- Night Dreamer---- ( NYC mono)

Another session that I only appreciated once I got it on vinyl. The RVG just didn't grab me but it's a fine progressive BN date . It's all Wayne and Elvin with Lee along for the ride

That's a title I got a few years ago as a Japanese King pressing.  Sounds sublime.  I don't  really want to fork out the dough for a clean "ear" original :0 ....but I can't say I'm not jealous!

Eric Kloss - Essence - (Muse, US)

Charlie Rouse - Bossa Nova Bacchanal - (BN, NY USA stereo)

r8e.jpg

Mickey Katz Plays Music for Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, and Brisses (Capitol mono). Been listening to lots of klezmer lately. This is the closest Katz came to "serious," straight klezmer. No real slapstick, just some silliness here and there with Katz's occasional Yiddish/English lyrics.

Mosaic Complete Commodore Vol 2 set, LP1...  only 22 more to go. Will the stylus last before I finish the set? :lol:

An awesome set..

Edited by sidewinder

Christmann. Dudek, Mangelsdorff, Rutherford, Schoof, Wheeler - Horns [FMP]

Globe Unity - 73 Live in Wuppertal [FMP]

sheer musicianship, individual and collective shines through the 'authentic' live recording

Used to have that one... it's neat.

It is that. I bought it without knowing what to expect. The fact that it's not collective playing was a surprise but a very pleasant one

yeah, I think my copy was off-condition; can't imagine I would've let it go otherwise...

Gene Ammons / Sonny Stitt ‎– Together Again For The Last Time (Prestige, 1973)

R-1709080-1421883364-1549.jpeg.jpg

Edited by HutchFan

Mudhoney - Hate the Police EP - (Au-Go-Go Australian orig)

Ha!  Awesome.  Was just playing their debut full length in my car lately courtesy of a CDR I made from my LP(with its ash ra temple-derived foldout cover!).

Must have seen them live at least 10 times since 1989...the last time I saw them the gig was sold out and I had no tickets.  Saw Mark Arm walking down the street and I told my friends to hang tight..I caught up with him and he was super cool.  I happened to be wearing a vintage circa '89 Mudhoney t-shirt that he thought was cool and he put me and my friends on the guest list!  

Nice; last time I saw them was in a big venue and the sound/vibe was super slick - a far cry from the old, beer-soaked days. I like the look of the original foldout cover on the first LP, but have always felt that its predecessor EP/single/etc. were musically stronger.

Robert Ruff "shaza ra" (baystate, Japan)

Only have a rip of this but it's an excellent album. One day...

Bob Brookmeyer, Revelations (New Jazz)

V/A "guitar workshop" (union, Japan) great album with Masayuki Takayanagi, Kiyoshi Sugimoto, etc.  2nd pressing but got it at a dirt cheap price so no complaints...

Masahiko Sato "palladium" (express, Japan red vinyl). Simply a classic...incredible music and sound quality.  Brilliant album that I have not played in over 10 years..long overdue listen here.

Palladium is excellent. I need to pick up that Guitar Workshop LP one of these days.

Baden Powell, Aquarelles du Bresil (Barclay), and Bill Evans, Montreux II (CTI).

Johnny Hodges, Creamy (Verve), and Teddy Wilson, I Got Rhythm (Verve)

Charlie Byrd, Jazz Recital (Savoy), Ronnie Ball, All About Ronnie (Savoy), and Trio Los Panchos, Boleros Selectos (Columbia ten inch).

The Paul Guerrero Quintet featuring Marchel Ivery & James Clay - Texas Tenors (Jazz Mark Records/Craig Recording). Nice date. Never heard of the rhythm section but those two tenor players' names certainly caught my attention. :)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71T-fQobHKL._SY355_.jpg

Miles Davis at the Blackhawk, volume 2.

The Paul Guerrero Quintet featuring Marchel Ivery & James Clay - Texas Tenors (Jazz Mark Records/Craig Recording). Nice date. Never heard of the rhythm section but those two tenor players' names certainly caught my attention. :)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71T-fQobHKL._SY355_.jpg

That does look interesting.