• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Duane and Clifton. Here is a brief description of the event, and then I'll shut up about it. (I'm very happy).

We got married on a dock on a little lake a half a mile from our house out in the woods. Just Lucy and the minister and I. The dock went out onto the lake, which has ice covering most of it. After the minister left we sat on a bench we often sit on looking out onto the lake and just enjoyed the peace and happiness of the event a bit. Within minutes an osprey came flying over the lake and landed on the ice a few hundred feet from us and ice fished a fish out of the lake! He flew off towards us over the lake but from behind us an eagle swooped in and startled the osprey who dropped the fish on the ice and flew off. The eagle landed on the ice about 60 feet from us and sat and ate the fish for a few minutes, then walked about the ice a bit and then flew off away from us over the lake. We've heard of this osprey/eagle situation but having transpire in front of us right after we were married. . . a great experience. 

56 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Thanks Duane and Clifton. Here is a brief description of the event, and then I'll shut up about it. (I'm very happy).

We got married on a dock on a little lake a half a mile from our house out in the woods. Just Lucy and the minister and I. The dock went out onto the lake, which has ice covering most of it. After the minister left we sat on a bench we often sit on looking out onto the lake and just enjoyed the peace and happiness of the event a bit. Within minutes an osprey came flying over the lake and landed on the ice a few hundred feet from us and ice fished a fish out of the lake! He flew off towards us over the lake but from behind us an eagle swooped in and startled the osprey who dropped the fish on the ice and flew off. The eagle landed on the ice about 60 feet from us and sat and ate the fish for a few minutes, then walked about the ice a bit and then flew off away from us over the lake. We've heard of this osprey/eagle situation but having transpire in front of us right after we were married. . . a great experience. 

If that doesn't call for Mingus, I don't know what does.

Congrats!