• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cecil Payne - Brookfiled Andante (Spotlite). OK audio for a so-so live date. Lower your expectations and everything's fine. Cecil is in good form. The record sleeve came completely unglued and had to be taped. The guy at the record store said he doesn't tape record covers because "some people complain that I should leave them original". I said, "Oh, so letting the record fall out onto the ground is more original'. :)

http://www.recordsbymail.com/uploads/10-14-15-1/553510.jpg

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Herbie Hancock "takin off" (Blue Note, mono NY ear)

Jackie McLean "destination out" (Blue Note, mono NY ear). It took me about 5 copies and a few mix and match, but I finally have a perfect sounding copy with pristine cover.  Sort of obsessive on my part, but this remains one of my top 5 or so Blue Notes..incredible band and incredible tunes!

Carsten Meinert Kuartet-----To You ----( Fredericksburg Records) 2015 reissue of 1968 Danish LP

Very much in the manner of classic Coltrane quartet. Meinert does bring something else to the picnic so this doesn't merely sound like a. Trance copyist at work. Very high quality reissue . FR have a tiny output but the two things I have released under their imprint are of the highest order. Definitely a label to watch. I'll be interested to see what jazz they do next. I missed out on the CD which has 4 previously unreleased tracks.