Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Homefromtheforest said:

Clarke-Boland sextet "swing im bahnhof" (rearward, Italy reissue).  Sort of late in picking this up; I thought this label did a good job of the Sahib Shihab reissues of "summer dawn" and "seeds" and this reissue does not disappoint either.  Good sonics; can't afford originals of everything!

Agree on the Rearward sound (the original releases sound IMO even better though) ..... although good dates I believe that - comparing the Clarke-Boland small formation recordings - both "Swing Im Bahnhof" and "Music For The Small Hours" don`t achieve the same intensity as "Summer Dawn", "Seeds" and 

14f59cd418.jpg

originally released as part of

R-3810117-1345298894-7184.jpeg.jpg

Furthermore also this one is IMO indispensable :

57fe38d3e4.jpg

Edited by soulpope

After messing around this morning reconfiguring Naim Powerlines and getting significant additional soundstage  and resolution improvement on vinyl and CD it's..

Fats Sadi 'Ensadinado' (Saba, stereo). One of the best sounding LPs I have..

to be followed by the Francy Boland 'Going Classic/Jazz Joint' on German Vogue (2LPs). 

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

After messing around this morning with Powerlines and getting significant additional soundstage  improvement on vinyl and CD it's..

to be followed by the France Borland 'Going Classic/Jazz Joint' on German Vogue (2LPs).

Not a bad start in the day ^_^ ....

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

After messing around this morning reconfiguring Naim Powerlines and getting significant additional soundstage  and resolution improvement on vinyl and CD it's..

to be followed by the Francy Boland 'Going Classic/Jazz Joint' on German Vogue (2LPs). 

Ok I caved in; you've mentioned that Fats Sadi album on Saba a few times and I have been long curious about it so I just ordered a "ex" copy for $135; cheaper then most Blue Notes these days I guess :0

1 hour ago, Homefromtheforest said:

Ok I caved in; you've mentioned that Fats Sadi album on Saba a few times and I have been long curious about it so I just ordered a "ex" copy for $135; cheaper then most Blue Notes these days I guess :0

R-905940-1385561592-9437.jpeg.jpg

I`m positive you will not be disappointed ...

The 'Ensadinado' is great. Picked my copy up in Melbourne. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

Spinning - Tommy Flanagan/John Coltrane 'The Cats' (New Jazz DG mono). Lots of copies of this have noise issues but this one is flawless.

I need to stock up on a few of the Rearwards. Have most of them but one or two gaps..

Edited by sidewinder