Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Ha - Lloyd N. Ferguson is resting easy now that it went to a good home.

My copy is a pretty hot-sounding (maybe too hot?) Toshiba.

12 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Ha - Lloyd N. Ferguson is resting easy now that it went to a good home.

My copy is a pretty hot-sounding (maybe too hot?) Toshiba.

its amazing dog- he was the 1st black chemist in america.  he started the first doctoral program in chemistry at a h.b.c.u, howard.  he got a gugenhiem and went to labs in denmark and switzerland, and was chair at cal state northridge, in the 70s and 80s.  it really goes to show u the average joe wasnt buying kenny dorham blue notes.  this guy was obviously a total genius, i wonder if he jammed k.d. in the lab?

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

On 31/03/2017 at 1:06 PM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

the UA kenny dorham afro cuban is way better than expected.  i was so right in holding off for this one.

i thought the music matters was the wrong play for this session, i thought the UA would have more "charm" to it.  

As a bonus, my copy was owned by a famous back scientist! PHD in chemistry, Dr. Lloyd N. Ferguson- proud to have his copy!

You know it.

6 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

its amazing dog- he was the 1st black chemist in america.  he started the first doctoral program in chemistry at a h.b.c.u, howard.  he got a gugenhiem and went to labs in denmark and switzerland, and was chair at cal state northridge, in the 70s and 80s.  it really goes to show u the average joe wasnt buying kenny dorham blue notes.  this guy was obviously a total genius, i wonder if he jammed k.d. in the lab?

:tup

13 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

ah right, yes I have some excellent Herwin collections as well. Notable as well for the font, which spells something else when cross-eyed.

Ha - just checked it out, you are right.

French CBS 2LP in a Dutch pressing which I probably picked up from Mole..

R-1822810-1444936604-2185.jpeg.jpg

17 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

yeah, read his wiki yesterday. Cool as all get out.

Elek Bacsik -----Bird and Dizzy----( Flying Dutchman)

not sure about this in the same way that Supersax doesn't float my boat. Also in common with Supersax Warne Marsh is heard on two tracks. Here though he solos and isn't simply lost in the arrangements.

Edited by Clunky
Typo

17 hours ago, Clunky said:

Elek Bacsik -----Bird and Dizzy----( Flying Dutchman)

not sure about this in the same way that Supersax doesn't float my boat. Also in common with Supersax Warne Marsh is heard on two tracks. Here though he solos and isn't simply lost in the arrangements.

Have you heard the two volumes of Live in 75: The Japanese Tour by Supersax? These are the only two Supersax albums I've felt compelled to keep on my shelves. I remember posting here years ago that I found myself staring dumbfounded at one of my stereo speakers during one of the Warne Marsh solos.