Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

68229.jpg

Jones/Kikuchi-----------Hollow Out-------------(Philips Jpn)

Elvin at his finest, percussive date and then some. Kikuchi and Gene Perla also knock the stuffing out of their instruments .Thanks Mark (mjazzg) for pointing me in the direction of this one.

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

68229.jpg

Jones/Kikuchi-----------Hollow Out-------------(Philips Jpn)

Elvin at his finest, percussive date and then some. Kikuchi and Gene Perla also knock the stuffing out of their instruments .Thanks Mark (mjazzg) for pointing me in the direction of this one.

Glad you like it, Adrian. It is very good

meanwhile I have thanks to pass onto Niko for posting the Mike Zwerin Trio earlier this week as I've now  been enjoying these two

R-7180279-1435526407-6035.jpeg.jpg

R-1517668-1336999544-1639.jpeg.jpg

as Niko observed, Giuffre-esque but with Django instead of Jim Hall. Lovely stuff

R-1904494-1251411175.jpeg.jpg

Billy Bang -----Outline No. 12-------(Celluloid OAO)

This perhaps lack the "danceable" quality of some Bang but it's definitely better than it's cheap price ($10)  on Discogs might suggest.  Eleven players are listed but they're rarely playing together at the same time. It sounds like a very small group playing chamber free jazz.  Amongst the cast are Wilbur Morris, David Murray, Charles Tyler, Khan Jamal and Sunny Murray.

29 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-2569818-1290955676.jpeg.jpg

Pat Martino - We'll Be Together Again [Muse]

spare and beautiful duets with Gil Goldstein on electric piano. I need some more Martino of this vintage, I think

With time I’m getting the feeling that Pat is always good. I don’t have many discs or LPs but all seem excellent 

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-2569818-1290955676.jpeg.jpg

Pat Martino - We'll Be Together Again [Muse]

spare and beautiful duets with Gil Goldstein on electric piano. I need some more Martino of this vintage, I think

When I saw him at Ronnie’s some years ago I took my Prestige and Muse vinyl along and he signed the lot ! His signature itself is a work of art. Pride of place goes to the signed ‘El Hombre’.

I remember him and his tour manager commenting favourably on seeing vinyl when I plonked the bundle on the table. 

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

When I saw him at Ronnie’s some years ago I took my Prestige and Muse vinyl along and he signed the lot ! His signature itself is a work of art. Pride of place goes to the signed ‘El Hombre’.

I remember him and his tour manager commenting favourably on seeing vinyl when I plonked the bundle on the table. 

as is said in certain Jazz clubs...Nice. Both the story and the signed 'El Hombre'

any particular recommendations amongst the Muse titles? I was looking at 'Exit' earlier

Edited by mjazzg

18 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

as is said in certain Jazz clubs...Nice. Both the story and the signed 'El Hombre'

any particular recommendations amongst the Muse titles? I was looking at 'Exit' earlier

I like "Live" and "One , two , free"  by Eric Kloss - both from 1972 on Muse

5 hours ago, Clunky said:

R-1904494-1251411175.jpeg.jpg

Billy Bang -----Outline No. 12-------(Celluloid OAO)

This perhaps lack the "danceable" quality of some Bang but it's definitely better than it's cheap price ($10)  on Discogs might suggest.  Eleven players are listed but they're rarely playing together at the same time. It sounds like a very small group playing chamber free jazz.  Amongst the cast are Wilbur Morris, David Murray, Charles Tyler, Khan Jamal and Sunny Murray.

:tup Very good one!