What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

it came today:  Image result for monorails and satellites

i havent been getting every upgrade (or any upgrades) but this one i immediately needed- i do wish that instead of the extra sets of notes (musican notes / critic notes)--- the archivist notes were the best, i wish the could of included a photograph of the tape reel, that would of been good

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

I have sweet memories of this and other twoofers

Yeah - I kept all of them, the Milestones, Prestiges, Savoys, Blue Notes and Vogues. They are invaluable - and the sonics can be very good indeed. Surprised how decent the sound on the Milt Jackson is.

Some very nice Melba Liston and Ernie Wilkins arrangements and Hank Jones tinkles away in the background to great swinging effect. Lovely !

Edited by sidewinder

36 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

£2.99 at special price over here mid-70s, then £3.50, £3.99... as the oil crisis took hold. Still a good deal.

Forgot to mention the Atlantic ‘The Atlantic Years,,,’ and the Impulse twofers too. All great !

As far I remember the Atlantic and the Impulse never hitted the italian market.

5 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

As far I remember the Atlantic and the Impulse never hitted the italian market.

Sounds right - ‘The Atlantic Years’ twofers were W. German imports here and very good pressings too. The ‘Re-Evaluations’ Impulse series put out by M Cuscuna were cheapo green label US imports, usually with cutout, which often sounded implausibly excellent. I hung on to those too..

I suspect that many of those Impulses came over here as cutout ballast in US cargo ships. ;)

Edited by sidewinder

R-7331490-1439086520-9526.jpeg.jpg

Dixieland Way Down Yonder in New Orleans (GHB). One of my favorite New Orleans trad albums of the 1950s, found at the late, lamented Magic Bus record store on Conti Street in the Quarter. One side is trombonist Jack Delaney's band, with young Pete Fountain on clarinet; the band on the flip features Lee Collins, recorded during what I believe was his last trip back to his hometown in 1953.

This was originally issued on Southland as a 10" LP; when Jazzology bought Southland, they reissued a bunch of 10" LPs as 12-inchers, without any additional tracks. So there are only twelve minutes of music on each side. No matter - I still love this one.

and two more new acquisitions, both from the stack of cheap tradjazz albums every store here still has, and I think I picked very very well...

R-4176057-1440063797-6048.jpeg.jpg

Jack Teagarden Memorial

a French incarnation of the Urania album with Lucky Thompson... and

https://img.discogs.com/hLy-R2nEg5cA9iDmcfgCWqbAiiI=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-4430234-1399281512-8872.jpeg.jpg

Edmond Hall - Petite Fleur

a British version of his UA album...