wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

45,002 posts in this topic

Serenade_to_a_Soul_Sister.jpg

Horace Silver - Serenade to a Soul Sister (BN promo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My collection of Horace Silver goes no further than 'Serenade'.   I bailed out on 'Pursuit of 27th Man' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill Nelson said:

My collection of Horace Silver goes no further than 'Serenade'.   I bailed out on 'Pursuit of 27th Man' 

same here my guy- although i kinda want that one from 1980 that was the very last of the era of vangelder stamped blue notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paul secor said:

R-2109789-1264532050.jpeg.jpg

fantastic and it´s great that this way Sam River´s short tenure with Miles was recorded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paul secor said:

R-2109789-1264532050.jpeg.jpg

Sam Rivers (!!) ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Sam Rivers (!!) ....

But I always found the cover photo a bit strange. On all other photos Miles looks quite slim, here he looks much heftier than usual. Never knew that Miles had heavy weight stages... he was always in the gym.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 2:27 AM, Chuck Nessa said:

Heartwarming to see some folks listening to my Hal Russell material. It is very special to me.

It's a bit of a difficult confession, but I always wanted to love the NRG Ensemble records more than I actually do. I greatly prefer his solo side on Eftsoons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

fantastic and it´s great that this way Sam River´s short tenure with Miles was recorded.

I've always thought that it would have been interesting to hear where that band would have gone if Miles had kept it together for a while. Didn't happen, so it's all speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malaya McCraven - Universal Beings (International Anthem)

I like this more each time I play it. Refreshing, and ideal soundtrack to the unseasonably sunny weather here today. A day off treat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In NO way understanding how this ended up on Time Records.

My copy is a tad noisier, but not so much as to make me not want to see a visualization of it, animated or live action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29.3.2019 at 8:56 AM, Gheorghe said:

But I always found the cover photo a bit strange. On all other photos Miles looks quite slim, here he looks much heftier than usual. Never knew that Miles had heavy weight stages... he was always in the gym.....

The more I look at that cover pic the more he looks like Charlie Shavers to me. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Bill Nelson said:

My collection of Horace Silver goes no further than 'Serenade'.   I bailed out on 'Pursuit of 27th Man' 

You missed this one, then:

You_Gotta_Take_a_Little_Love.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikki Sudden & The Jacobites -- Robespierre's Velvet Basement -- (Glass, UK)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

R-12854218-1543233911-1136.jpeg.jpg

UK Columbia mono. With Shake Keane

a74c073e.jpg

More Keane.

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

 

R-12854218-1543233911-1136.jpeg.jpg

UK Columbia mono. With Shake Keane

I'm tickled that someone else here has this very interesting record. Inspired by Max Harrison's praise, I tracked down the American Serenus issue a few years back:

R-4348926-1362467166-1336.jpeg.jpg

NP:

R-2481190-1286397932.jpeg.jpg

Ray Charles - The Genius Sings the Blues (Atlantic mono)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is an interesting essay on Mack and his 12-tone experiments on New Directions in the Max Harrison book.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen another copy of the Mack LP over here so must have sold in tiny quantities.

91Z9vuwHfzL._SX466_.jpg

Liberty, stereo

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-430387-1546619892-6254.jpeg.jpgQ

Hamiet Bluiett Quartet - S.O.S. (India Navigation)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JSngry said:

In NO way understanding how this ended up on Time Records.

My copy is a tad noisier, but not so much as to make me not want to see a visualization of it, animated or live action.

The Earle Brown curated "Contemporary Sound Series" was also issued on Time's Series 2000. 

The cover of the Japanese original could help to get an idea of the visualization:

é³æ¥½è©©å ããªã³ãã£ã¼ããOndine (Vinyl, LP, Album) album cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

1_e9a2905657ddef51fdb665f53ab44b43.jpg

:tup

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

R-1061137-1461343290-2399.jpeg.jpg

NY USA mono

:tup

On 30-3-2019 at 1:49 AM, jeffcrom said:

R-430387-1546619892-6254.jpeg.jpgQ

Hamiet Bluiett Quartet - S.O.S. (India Navigation)

:tup:tup

On 30-3-2019 at 1:14 AM, sidewinder said:

Yes, there is an interesting essay on Mack and his 12-tone experiments on New Directions in the Max Harrison book.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen another copy of the Mack LP over here so must have sold in tiny quantities.

91Z9vuwHfzL._SX466_.jpg

Liberty, stereo

:tup

On 29-3-2019 at 0:41 AM, jeffcrom said:

I'm tickled that someone else here has this very interesting record. Inspired by Max Harrison's praise, I tracked down the American Serenus issue a few years back:

R-4348926-1362467166-1336.jpeg.jpg

NP:

R-2481190-1286397932.jpeg.jpg

Ray Charles - The Genius Sings the Blues (Atlantic mono)

:tup:tup:tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

R-1061137-1461343290-2399.jpeg.jpg

NY USA mono

👍👍!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.