wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

43,715 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

That's a damn good record, and one of the most organic sounding/feeling CTIs of the bunch.

I agree. :tup 

KB was incredibly consistent, IMO.

Duke Ellington - All Star Road Band Volume 2

Lee Konitz Quintet ‎– Figure & Spiwit

The Genius Of Bud Powell

R-13813191-1561685559-9741.jpeg.jpg

on Antilla instead of Puchito

b/w

R-6015810-1408885710-1623.jpeg.jpg

Now playing for the second consecutive time.

5 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now playing for the second consecutive time.

She had - back then - a mystical voice ....

MMBST-84205-2.jpg?1383688461

Wally issue - sounds pretty damn good.

28 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

MMBST-84205-2.jpg?1383688461

Wally issue - sounds pretty damn good.

👍👍👍and many more .... desert island material ....

R-7887320-1450955724-9133.jpeg.jpg

There are vocal and instrumental.vibratos on this record that may well no longer exist in nature.

s-l300.jpg

Bought it for the cover, keeping it for the cover.

Front cover:

R-9597786-1529256197-1603.jpeg.jpg

back cover:

R-9597786-1529256197-8455.jpeg.jpg

Like the really end-of-the-road Argo cutout-bin specials back in the day, only, at least, in color.

What a band, though, check out these changes, like a really left field Brian Wilson song:

1 hour ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

used to see indie latin lps all the time, now i see none, but i have like Fiesta yellow label 78's n stuff

I tend to find them in bunches at Half-Prices, never just one, always a bunch at a time. And if even one looks like it might be worthy, I grab the whole batch. I'll deal with are they any good or not after I get them home, it's like a haircut, you can always cut off, but you can never cut back on.

it's a trip to look at their points of manufacturing, how this music of and from Cuba started coming out on all these labels with Miami area addresses, just think about that scene, you got a bunch of refugees wanting to buy records they left behind, and somebody's doing something to get the product out there, some how. The mind reels at all the possible scenarios. The guy from PanArt smuggled a bunch of his masters out, but some of this stuff, it doesn't sound like it's from any kind of master tape, if you know what I mean. And yet, there it was and if the back covers of some are any indication, it was there in abundance.

It's items like this, where the records themselves likely/possibly have a story behind them besides, oh, a lot of people bought this when everybody else did, and they all got rid of it when everybody else did too, that make crate-digging (if they still call it that, they didn't use to when I started doing it) so much fun.

Always check the "International" section, folks!

esy-morales-jungle-fantasy-rainbow-recor

Image result for fiesta 78 rpm latin

Related image

and of course, the very last ever commerically manufactured 78, in 1967

Image result for gypsy woman bataan 78 rpm

** not conting revival records- look at thie manufacturing on this thing this is the old school style of 78s, but from 1967

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

I tend to find them in bunches at Half-Prices, never just one, always a bunch at a time. And if even one looks like it might be worthy, I grab the whole batch. I'll deal with are they any good or not after I get them home, it's like a haircut, you can always cut off, but you can never cut back on.

it's a trip to look at their points of manufacturing, how this music of and from Cuba started coming out on all these labels with Miami area addresses, just think about that scene, you got a bunch of refugees wanting to buy records they left behind, and somebody's doing something to get the product out there, some how. The mind reels at all the possible scenarios. The guy from PanArt smuggled a bunch of his masters out, but some of this stuff, it doesn't sound like it's from any kind of master tape, if you know what I mean. And yet, there it was and if the back covers of some are any indication, it was there in abundance.

It's items like this, where the records themselves likely/possibly have a story behind them besides, oh, a lot of people bought this when everybody else did, and they all got rid of it when everybody else did too, that make crate-digging (if they still call it that, they didn't use to when I started doing it) so much fun.

Always check the "International" section, folks!

I always do. Last great find, a small stack of Indian classical records, all made in India. All fabulous.

Paul Bley Trio ‎- Blood (Japan, promo, Red)

Somebody has been enjoying Mister Joy a wee bit too much before, but otherwise a fine copy. And a great record!

Kenny Dorham Quintet - Showboat

The Gil Evans Orchestra - Great Jazz Standards (Manhattan Records)

Barney Wilen ‎- La Note Bleue

12 hours ago, aparxa said:

Paul Bley Trio ‎- Blood (Japan, promo, Red)

Somebody has been enjoying Mister Joy a wee bit too much before, but otherwise a fine copy. And a great record!

Kenny Dorham Quintet - Showboat

The Gil Evans Orchestra - Great Jazz Standards (Manhattan Records)

Barney Wilen ‎- La Note Bleue

Very nice line-up 👍 ....

R-7008810-1431572633-1821.jpeg.jpgR-12763388-1541476245-4168.jpeg.jpg

61jhn2pK6jL._SX355_.jpg

Oregon in Concert (Vanguard) Image result for oregon in concert

Ahehehinnou Vincent, Volume 1 (Analog Africa)Image result for Ahehehinnou vincent analog africa

Orchestre Abass (Analog Africa) Image result for orchestre Abass

Mdou Moctar, Blue Stage Sessions (Third Man Records)Image result for mdou moctar blue stage sessions

R-11747416-1521691001-9783.jpeg.jpg

One of today’s finds - a Dutch Riverside mono original. The sonics absolutely first rate.

Stan Getz Featuring João Gilberto - The Best Of Two Worlds

os-cantores-joao-gilberto-caetano-veloso

4900d996b858965319a0d974a2a6995c.jpg

b/w

R-10129137-1492127693-3515.jpeg.jpg