wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

45,876 posts in this topic

71oJ1mdEhkL._SL1200_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-11982791-1527278805-8680.jpeg.jpg

Classic Record reissue, mono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Baby-Face-Willette-Face-To-Face-album-co

Tone Poet version. Not the ‘in your face’ excitement or sonic saturation of the DG original version but a bit more detail is apparent. Pretty damn good !

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

available_vinyl_lp_kenny_burrell__introd

Another Tone Poet. This one is tremendous. :tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

available_vinyl_lp_kenny_burrell__introd

Another Tone Poet. This one is tremendous. :tup

I am going for it one of these days :tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

I am going for it one of these days :tup

Highly recommended !:tup  Kenny Clarke and Candido are captured very nicely.

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

141594013761.jpg

Arrived today, I am waiting for The complete Sarah Vaughan on Mercury, vol 1.

Edited by porcy62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oscar Pettiford Orchestra in Hi Fi (ABC Paramount)Image result for Oscar pettiford orchestra abc paramount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, porcy62 said:

141594013761.jpg

Arrived today, I am waiting for The complete Sarah Vaughan on Mercury, vol 1.

almost grabbed that (Japanese version) earlier this year from a local shop, and am kicking myself that I didn't. Maybe it'll still be there when they reopen this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, clifford_thornton said:

almost grabbed that (Japanese version) earlier this year from a local shop, and am kicking myself that I didn't. Maybe it'll still be there when they reopen this fall.

I have the "complete" cd version too, but I find it's too much: false starts, chat, etc,. Plus the essays on the booklet aren't really much enlightening, so I got this one and I am going to sell the cd box set.

BTW the japanese vinyl is top notch in my copy, dead quiet like a cd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, I don't even have enough room for any more boxed sets, but this seems essential. The other Japanese Verve set I have, the Bird one, is dead silent indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, I don't even have enough room for any more boxed sets, but this seems essential. The other Japanese Verve set I have, the Bird one, is dead silent indeed.

Yep, I couldn't live without this one, likewise I couldn't live without flowers, summer breeze, singing birds...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38771314ab.jpg

Hazel Scott: Relaxed Piano Moods: Original Jazz Classics OJCCD-1702-2 [1992]

Note: The Nordeutscher Rundfunk in Hamburg has honored Hazel Scott in a one-hour broadcast tonight!                                                                                    Audio: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Jazz-Special-Hazel-Scott,audio695012.html                                                                                Playlist: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Titelliste-Jazz-Special-,playlist72878.html

Edited by optatio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booker Ervin - The Blues Book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 1:21 AM, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

digitally recorded but not on early cd?  what kind of cruel joke is that! :( 

R-1432995-1219287322.jpeg.jpg

chewy, that music was reissued on CD.  Re-packaged.  But still the same music.

See below:

81tIp-QRdbL._SS360_.jpg

Keystone Bop: Sunday Night

and

81MwnMtDJyL._SS360_.jpg

Keystone Bop, Vol. 2: Friday/Saturday

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Milt Jackson, At the Museum of Modern Art (Limelight)

Earl Hines, In New Orleans (Chiaroscuro)

Herb Geller, Fire in the West (Jubilee) (with Kenny Dorham, Harold Land and Ray Brown)

Howard Rumsey Orchestra, Jazz Rolls Royce (Lighthouse)

Red  Callendar, Lowest (MetroJazz)

The Australian Jazz Quartet (Bethlehem ten inch)

Image result for Milt Jackson live at the museum of modern artImage result for earl hines in new orleansImage result for Herb Geller Fire in the westImage result for Red CAllendar the lowestImage result for Austrailian jazz quartet ten inchImage result for howard Rumsey orchestra jazz rolls royce

Edited by kh1958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 12/06/2020 at 11:13 PM, optatio said:

38771314ab.jpg

Hazel Scott: Relaxed Piano Moods: Original Jazz Classics OJCCD-1702-2 [1992]

Note: The Nordeutscher Rundfunk in Hamburg has honored Hazel Scott in a one-hour broadcast tonight!                                                                                    Audio: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Jazz-Special-Hazel-Scott,audio695012.html                                                                                Playlist: https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/info/sendungen/jazz/Titelliste-Jazz-Special-,playlist72878.html

The BBC World Service also recently did a good Hazel Scott bio programme, which can be found via their Sounds app I think.

That Debut session with Mingus and Roach is excellent !

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

That Debut session with Mingus and Roach is excellent !

This should be included in the Debut/Mingus box set, am I right?

edit: just checked it out: yes.

Edited by porcy62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

The BBC World Service also recently did a good Hazel Scott bio programme, which can be found via their Sounds app I think.

That Debut session with Mingus and Roach is excellent !

June 11 was her 100th birthday ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny Stitt, Black Vibrations (Prestige)

Bill Evans/George Russell, Living Time (Columbia)

Image result for sonny stitt black vibrationsImage result for bill evans living time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil Scott-Heron/We're new again - A Reimagining by Makaya McCraven
Common - Like Water for Chocolate
Shabaka & the Ancestors - Wisdom of Elders
Shelly Manne Quartet  with Lee Kontiz - French concert

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny Stitt, Plays Arrangements from the Pen of Quincy Jones (Roost)

Lucky Thompson, Soul's Night Out (Ensayo)Image result for Sonny state plays Qunicy jones arrangements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-4096043-1355084713-6935.jpeg.jpg

Kenji Mori Trio - Plays The Bird

followed with the Tommy McGee -  Positive - Negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.