wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

50,190 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, HutchFan said:

3325769

Never actually listened to this one. Is it recommended?

Wikipedia is a bit weird about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Never actually listened to this one. Is it recommended?

Wikipedia is a bit weird about it.

I love Sonny, but this doesn't live up to its promise, IMHO, YMMV, etc.  So, proceed with caution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, danasgoodstuff said:

I love Sonny, but this doesn't live up to its promise, IMHO, YMMV, etc.  So, proceed with caution.

Thanks. From the bizarre Wikipedia page it looks.... divisive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NjEyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Mike Westbrook Concert Band - Release [Deram, mono UK 1968]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

NjEyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Mike Westbrook Concert Band - Release [Deram, mono UK 1968]

Hopefully, the Westbrook Derams will get a quality vinyl reissue in the Decca ‘Explosion’ series.

Cover photo taken at Bovington Tank Museum?

horace-silver-stylings-of-silver-cover-1

47w63rd DG Mono, lovely big and precise sound. Incredible for an LP that is well over 60 years old !

Edited by sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Hopefully, the Westbrook Derams will get a quality vinyl reissue in the Decca ‘Explosion’ series.

Cover photo taken at Bovington Tank Museum?

 

Yes maybe, but I suspect not more than one of them so that other artists can be covered. I'm not sure how many releases will emerge but I don't see it being so many as to allow multiple titles from artists. I hope I'm wrong.  Thankfully my copy is mint so I don't feel the need to upgrade.

I remember trips to that museum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

 

horace-silver-stylings-of-silver-cover-1

 

:tup

 

Edited by BillF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know concord Brubeck in Moscow ?? Turns out there’s a 2 lp Russian only version with tons of tracks not on the 1 lp concord.  Found lp 1 which is Same side 1 as US counterpart then a completely different side two feat an extended prince will come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrific double lp set of various artists playing bebop icons, e.g., Sadik Hakim plays Bird, Al Haig plays Dizzy, Barry Harris plays Monk, etc. 

E74B539C-B91B-49CD-A037-33360397532D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2022 at 3:21 AM, Rabshakeh said:

Never actually listened to this one. Is it recommended?

Wikipedia is a bit weird about it.

 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:02 AM, danasgoodstuff said:

I love Sonny, but this doesn't live up to its promise, IMHO, YMMV, etc.  So, proceed with caution.

 

Rab, I suppose I'm with Dana.  It's interesting -- but it's not something that I play very often. 

 

 

 

23 hours ago, Brad said:

Terrific double lp set of various artists playing bebop icons, e.g., Sadik Hakim plays Bird, Al Haig plays Dizzy, Barry Harris plays Monk, etc. 

E74B539C-B91B-49CD-A037-33360397532D.jpeg

 Nice. :tup

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, porcy62 said:

ZWc.jpeg

Mono

:tup

11 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

ZWc.jpeg

Mono

:tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, porcy62 said:

ZWc.jpeg

Mono

 

12 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

ZWc.jpeg

Mono

Even in Mono excellent

:tup:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

 

Even in Mono excellent

:tup:D

Paraphrasing a famous german film director: Life is in stereo, but mono is more realistic. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2022 at 9:27 PM, Brad said:

Terrific double lp set of various artists playing bebop icons, e.g., Sadik Hakim plays Bird, Al Haig plays Dizzy, Barry Harris plays Monk, etc. 

E74B539C-B91B-49CD-A037-33360397532D.jpeg

Why is it only Jimmy Rowles that has legs? How will the other pianists operate the pedals? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, paulfromcamden said:

Why is it only Jimmy Rowles that has legs? How will the other pianists operate the pedals? ;)

Do they even have hands? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, porcy62 said:

ZWc.jpeg

Mono

 

7 hours ago, porcy62 said:

Paraphrasing a famous german film director: Life is in stereo, but mono is more realistic. ;)

🤣🤣 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.